Why do we not have a champ where they release their full potential on ult

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

11-14-2012
13 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
But straight jackets and some head covering can give off some creepy/sweet Hannibal vibes.
Yeah, I totally get that, but sleeves without hand holes are lame compared to a metal vault on your arms.

TalLavi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I got a small idea based of invoker.
Lets call him X, the master of flame, whenever he uses Q W E or R the flames surronding him change colors and he gains a spell (Can only use that spell), flame switches share a CD like udyrs forms.
Q is red fire, gives him magical AA based of AP, active gives him steroids.
W is blue flame, A skillshot/magical skill that deals damage / stuns / slows you choose.
E white flame, damage/utility, mostly because he is an AA/Damage combined he will need some sort of gap closer, I think something like a dash that at the end of it he deals damage around him (Hecarim ulti)
R Divine flame or w/e, when he ultis fire rains down from Heaven in an AoE or on a single target,putting all of his stances on CD while he gets this glowing fire around him, he will have boosted stats for 10 sec while everything is on CD.

Really a rough draft I just threw out (while watching Spiderman 2!) sorry for the bad grammer / no spaces I am really pulling it out as I speak.

Also different stances can give some sort of stat boost.

Barlowe

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Devilfish View Post
because everytime someone in a show or game or book "reveals their true form," i die a little inside.
B-but...

Live Lavish

11-14-2012

Makato's super art not ultimate.....

Zerglinator

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Devilfish View Post
because everytime someone in a show or game or book "reveals their true form," i die a little inside.
Good, then your true form will be that much easier to deal with.

16 Bit

11-14-2012

The first thing that came to my mind was the Wizard from Diablo 3 popping Archon. God mode type being

Illyriomysterio

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
1) yeah... I definitely wasn't talking about that.
2) I think a boomerang cross is a lot more common than you think
A few of Yuffie's weapons looked closer to those too. Point being, the "omg riot steals errythang" doesn't hold up. XD

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
2) I think a boomerang cross is a lot more common than you think
Oh no no, I'm not talking about the cross itself; I'm talking mechanics.

Just like how Shaco was based off of Rikimaru (Zileas even said he was going to have the stealth->fade ult like Akali's shroud, only global, but they changed it to the clone thing).

Pretty neat, actually.

AbyssionKnight

11-14-2012

Honestly, when I first saw teasers of Xerath I assumed he was going to be locked in a coffin, but when his ult activated it'd open up and he's unleash his full power. xD

Vecuu

11-14-2012

I can see this idea working.

Have some sort of psychic champion held together by a series of runic chains.

His abilities would be relatively straightforward skills. Single target nuke, single target 1second stun with minor damage, and some sort of utility skill (maybe something like a passive AP Boost with an activate-able MS increase). Then, upon ulting, he temporarily breaks from the confinement of his bonds and gains an AoE component to them: yielding him aoe damage, an aoe stun, and an aoe speed boost.

Sounds cool for a mage.