Why do we not have a champ where they release their full potential on ult

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kurogano

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I'm just going to leave this here.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=26721698

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

11-14-2012
11 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
Any mechanical elements of this idea I can think of is already done with. But as for champion concepts...

How about a champion that starts off wearing a straight jacket? All of his/her auto-attacks will be mere kicks. But once he/she reaches level 6, the champion learns his R and the summoner gains "permission" to release the straight jacket temporarily to access the champion's full powers.

Sort of like Zetsuei. Spends most of his time completely bound in a straight jacket.
Yeah, but like... cooler than a straight jacket. Something with metal and runes or something.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Who's Luna?
She's a DotA champ--likely who Sivir was partially based off of

Instead of a boomerang though, she has a single target nuke that stuns you (her Q)

Her W is like old Sivir's bouncing blade things, only its manaless.

Instead of a spell shield she has a flat AD increase.

Her ult, isntead of being an AoE AS+MS increase launches out a whole bunch of her Q's, randomly, to the nearest targets (can be on minions)

Oh, she's also Irish, rides a cat, and would spill your entrails if her Goddess demanded it =p http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Luna (be patient with the site; they have issues a lot--might have to refresh it a lot before it shows). Or video, if you prefer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7ro0fVJSpA

ClatoVerataNicto

11-14-2012

Quote:
I think Shyvanna balances this well because as her abilities get stronger, they mostly get stronger because they become multi target (W leaving fire being the exception). Yes, there are stat boosts, but this type of enhancement isn't game breaking.

I think one of the challenges is having the FEEL of that unleashing without the UP start and OP ult. We're talking about filling and selling different character fantasies to players.
Running with the Kayle idea from earlier, make the ult allow her to go manaless with low c/d (1 sec). This way you can balance around them spamming constantly. You know how much damage they are capable of dishing out and can turn it down to compensate for the ult. And you feel awesome smashing your keyboard and having tons of angelic fury erupt from you consuming your enemies in holy wrath.

Ankokukai

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzleboom View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqsmxR-N4H4

This is what I think of every time Shyvanna ults.
actually, when im playing Shyvana, with my friends on skype, i tend to cry out that whenever i ult

yeah...im weird like that

Zerglinator

11-14-2012

Quote:
Yeah, but like... cooler than a straight jacket. Something with metal and runes or something.
...martial artist Xerath?

aZnPYTHONaZn

11-14-2012

Quote:
But...but it's still so soon to remake xerath :O

Ginga

Recruiter

11-14-2012

Quote:
But straight jackets and some head covering can give off some creepy/sweet Hannibal vibes.

A psychopath that is so vicious that even the authorities of Noxus feels the need to keep him bound up, and even in that bound up state he proves to be a match to even the strongest of warriors.

PS - doesn't that sound a tiny bit like Xerath and his skins?

303Devilfish

11-14-2012

because everytime someone in a show or game or book "reveals their true form," i die a little inside.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

11-14-2012
12 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
She's a DotA champ--likely who Sivir was partially based off of
1) yeah... I definitely wasn't talking about that.
2) I think a boomerang cross is a lot more common than you think