Why do we not have a champ where they release their full potential on ult

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

11-14-2012

There is a potential to do a staged build-up character in which landing each ability adds an additional effect to the other abilities.

Culminating in finally unlocking the ability to ult, granting an instant effect and holding the enhancements on each other ability for the form duration.

Similar to a Brand-Shyvanna combination, perhaps.

I rather like inter-ability player decided combos, like those of Brand and Zed.

Quartzmonkey

11-14-2012

ITT: We discretely talk about Luna.

Justasian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whysopaperclip View Post
I hope you step on a lego.
wouldnt even wish that on my worst enemy

Zerglinator

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw of Time View Post
That would make him op

no eyepatch 1 hand or gtfo
mad kenpachi kills

1 hand 360 no eyepatch

Claw of Time

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
mad kenpachi kills

1 hand 360 no eyepatch

BlueGunner

11-14-2012

What about a character who is life-centric (we need a new support) in their focus, but has an "ultimate sacrifice" mechanic to unleash a huge AOE/Beam true damage ult at the cost of their own life?

Team's going down in a teamfight, can't save them all with your heal/shields? Blow your ultimate to kill yourself but take half the enemy team with you (I think I like the beam better, as you need to aim it too). That's the king of "full potential" that I'd be in favor of.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I think Shyvanna balances this well because as her abilities get stronger, they mostly get stronger because they become multi target (W leaving fire being the exception). Yes, there are stat boosts, but this type of enhancement isn't game breaking.

I think one of the challenges is having the FEEL of that unleashing without the UP start and OP ult. We're talking about filling and selling different character fantasies to players.
Oh, I know. Shyvana isn't that problematic -- when she ults people usually scatter since her bonus is primarily AoE.

I was just giving examples of current cases where they do it well. The posters suggestions seem to go more towards Riven than Shyvana -- which can be problematic especially if it was like Riven to the nth degree.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

11-14-2012
10 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartzmonkey View Post
ITT: We discretely talk about Luna.
Who's Luna?

Fox P McCloud

11-14-2012

I'd like to point out that Keeper of the Light, from DotA essentially does this.

He has abilities in normal form--when he ults, he turns all shiny and assumes a partly "ascended" from---it makes it so that one of his abilities essentially channels by itself, and he gets 2 completely new abilities.

Is this what you're more or less describing---as others have said, Shyvanna best fills this "fantasy"/archetype in LoL.

Ginga

Recruiter

11-14-2012

Any mechanical elements of this idea I can think of is already done with. But as for champion concepts...

How about a champion that starts off wearing a straight jacket? All of his auto-attacks will be mere kicks. But once he/she reaches level 6, the champion learns his R and the summoner gains "permission" to release the straight jacket temporarily to access the champion's full potential. All of the abilities the champions will be using before with just his legs will now be done, but now with his arms free in mind.

Sort of like Zetsuei. Spends most of his time completely bound in a straight jacket, yet completely capable of fighting.