Why do we not have a champ where they release their full potential on ult

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mahoh

11-14-2012

Nasus baby. Hit R and This is to go further beyond!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Merluza00

11-14-2012

Heimer, leblanc, karma.
this kind of stuff doesn't work

Icker

11-14-2012

Remember much Riot hyped up Xerath and Syndra, as these beings of immense arcane power that could unleash their full power at the drop of dime? The results reminded me of Peter Molyneux's original hype around Fable.

'
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLZ

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I prefer burst ultimate form over sustained ultimate form. Rather than Lee's gates making him do crazy stuff for a few minutes, I'd like to see an ult where someone depletes ALL of their resources and releases one gigantic, singular, nuclear-level spell. Actually, that's perfect for an ult I had in mind.

Joebuscus

11-14-2012

I've often wondered why we don't have more of exactly the opposite. Like Kog with his 6 second ulti I guess.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

11-14-2012
6 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaito Yuujou View Post
I prefer burst ultimate form over sustained ultimate form. Rather than Lee's gates making him do crazy stuff for a few minutes, I'd like to see an ult where someone depletes ALL of their resources and releases one gigantic, singular, nuclear-level spell. Actually, that's perfect for an ult I had in mind.
Soo... all mana, has a minimum requirement, and all other ability cooldowns must be up, and it also uses them all? This sounds interesting to me (not a designer) but I have no idea of where to begin to balance it. Maybe it could do the affect of all your other abilities at once + something special since it's also on ult CD. after that... yo'ure auto attacking for a bit, so I hope you're a bruiser!

Claw of Time

11-14-2012

Glad A Riot post on this

I just want a champion who basically holds back all his power and when he does release it for his ult, he goes full op mode.
NO DRAGON TRANSFORMATION OR A BROKEN SWORD

i want his QWE to become steriods

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

11-14-2012
7 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw of Time View Post
Glad A Riot post on this

I just want a champion who basically holds back all his power and when he does release it for his ult, he goes full op mode.
NO DRAGON TRANSFORMATION OR A BROKEN SWORD

i want his QWE to become steriods
Can you elaborate a little more on what you mean by QWE be steroids? Also, it's nice to know the particular flavor you have in mind for this fantasy. Nice to know you don't mean Riven or Shyvanna. Any more details would be cool for people to hear

reminder: I'm not a champion designer. I'm here cause I was also thinking about this and I want to help crystalize the ideas and discussion

EnvyDragon

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaito Yuujou View Post
I'd like to see an ult where someone depletes ALL of their resources and releases one gigantic, singular, nuclear-level spell. Actually, that's perfect for an ult I had in mind.
There are a good number of ults that work best when you save up your full combo to use them. Zed's got one. Ahri's is kind of along those lines, too. I think it's way better if your ult just synergizes really well with the rest of your kit, because that gives you so much flexibility in how you use your ult to bring the pain.

I mean, I get what you're saying - have an ult that puts everything on cooldown and drains your mana to 0 and whatnot - but I just don't think that would be as fun as actually being able to use your full combo.

Mattarias

11-14-2012

I've always thought this would be perfect for a remade Kayle. She uses her ult and her form just shatters, she transforms into a awe-insiring, horrifying, six-winged old-testament style angel of fire and light, unstoppable, with the full fury of the heavens behind her. It'd be perfect.

Just a thought.