Lyte - Can you explain this to me?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

11-14-2012
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurecat View Post
I took this quote to mean you were building a case against Dan and/or Doublelift:

Hardly a "random conclusion" given the context.

But I appreciate hearing that may not be the case. Neither Dan nor Doublelift is remotely a toxic player, even if they do talk trash on occasion.

Though of course I recognize by the standards of this community, anyone who says anything negative at any time for any reason warrants a permanent ban. I've been crusading to restore a bit of sanity, though. So here's hoping.
I'm collecting data on the Featured Streamer program to relay to the right people.

Calys Teneb

11-14-2012

Quote:
I took this quote to mean you were building a case against Dan and/or Doublelift:

But I appreciate hearing that may not be the case. Neither Dan nor Doublelift is remotely a toxic player, even if they do talk trash on occasion.

Though of course I recognize by the standards of this community, anyone who says anything negative at any time for any reason warrants a permanent ban. I've been crusading to restore a bit of sanity, though. So here's hoping.
To be fair, it was someone else who brought up Dan, and Lyte isn't necessarily setting them up for a ban, just relaying the information to people who are in charge of the featured streamers in order that they take appropriate action, whether that be removing them from featured streaming for a bit or contacting them that they need to improve their behavior to remain part of the featured streamers, etc.

Pros are going to be heavily looked at regardless when they're tenured in season 3.

Rignite

11-14-2012

Quote:

Here's hoping indeed.

mochibuni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
It's actually not favoritism from Riot.

The player behavior team doesn't even use Elo or pro player status when determining our ban sweeps or penalties. It's actually just a matter of the players not reporting each other at the highest tier. In addition, if pro players are being racist or offensive in their stream language but not in-game, it's not something we can detect through the in-game systems.

The eSports team is going to be more proactive about pro player behavior in Season 3.
I appreciate this. On a personal level it's hard for me to root for a team when they have unprofessional players, and in turn unprofessional players makes it harder for eSports to be taken seriously.

Malvolent

11-14-2012

Quote:
Seriously Lyte? Regi and Dan talk a little trash, but they aren't verbally abusing anyone or crossing the line into actual harassment.

This whole "PUNISH EVERYTHING" mentality is just ruining this game. I am SO tired of walking on eggshells every time I press enter, for fear I might hurt someone's feelings and unleash the /report /punish tidal wave.
Apparently you have no watched their streams to hear what they are saying or see what they are typing. I have watched 3 days in a row and i see a consistent behavior that is WELL beyond what people are getting banned for in the tribunal.

I am sure Lyte can pull up his games in the last few days if he wants and look at the chat log. I watched them type comments to their teammates such as : "you suk dik stfu" (also bypassing the in game filter), "you are so bad stfu ******", "you are retarded stfu" , "fuk you". How are you gonna sit there and tell thats not crossing the line into harassment? I have said FAR worse stuff and been suspended.

Tswizzle SF

11-14-2012

Maybe you don't get it, Lyte's trying to gather this information to remove these players as featured streamers, even more of a bruise for them since they have sponsors who will NOT look kindly at that.

Johnnie5DubV

11-14-2012

I believe in the elo these players play they probably mostly know each other and what not so have a little more leeway in trash talking(seeing as the player base in extremely high elo's is small). They also report less if I remember an older red post correctly. I have seen bans in high elo/ streamers such as the recent Robert Lee account boosting. I think trash talking has stagnated to the point where people just cuss at each other because of a lack of creativity. It is much more interesting to do something like compliment them on their last death or tell them how much they stink with civility and actual humor. Trash talk should be interesting and at least funny. The thing i do not like though is people getting on their own team for making mistakes that is not fun for anyone.

Futurecat

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvolent View Post
I have said FAR worse stuff and been suspended.
Maybe that's the problem.

People need to grow some thicker skins in this community.

Cyberas

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
No one with extremely poor behavior should be a Featured Streamer. Which examples are we talking about?
Lyte y dont u just admit you got the best job in the world because every brain washed fool here is doing it for u?smiles and such

Tethin

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberas View Post
Lyte y dont u just admit you got the best job in the world because every brain washed fool here is doing it for u?smiles and such
...sigh.