Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pokeprof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I see nothing wrong with IE/PD/BT trinity being core on a lot of carries. It's a simple, powerful and very effective play style that solidly states that you are focused on dealing as much single target damage.

Hurricane simply offers you the option of becoming more Multi-Target focused, rather than Single-target focused, if you decide that's worth doing for your character.
Well, I'm not saying that you've got to RUIN the core or anything, but on a LOT of AD carries currently, they'll favor building a Second Phantom Dancer over building any other kind of item, simply because of the AS and Crit they get that blows everything else out of the water for them.

It's also been said that AS in and of itself has been reevaluated in terms of price and how much needs to be on items and such, which again leads me questioning on how much Phantom Dancer has been changed and if it's enough to perhaps make people not desire it as much and open up Hurricane to other champions.

BuilderBob93

11-14-2012

xypherous job description: answer GD's neverending questions for the next hour by typing furiously

aZnPYTHONaZn

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etmas View Post
I don't really think adcs/ranged champs needed another buff, especially with an item like this... just puts them that much more ahead of everyone else in the game.
Keep in mind that this is only attack spd buff . Adc will only utilize this if they *already have a bunch of attack damage in their items. IF you rushed this first. the bolts would deal like 50 damage each WIThOut counting armor

Nikantor

11-14-2012

does ths item work with true damage?, champs like vayne for example.

Shimrra3

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeton125 View Post
Can the extra shot jump to towers?
I was going to ask this. Also, may be an issue if you're hitting minions under a tower and it can jump to champions, inadvertently drawing tower aggro. Or it may be intentional.

I also question (as at least one post I saw has) things like Teemo's poison triggering off this. That specifically will probably be one of the things that has to get tuned down.

Would also like to say I appreciate the immediate attention being shown to threads like this.

Zanic

11-14-2012

It wouldn't be fair for ez and vayne the others adc got at least one ability or passive that works with this item.

Fjon14

11-14-2012

So I have a pretty important question.

Do the extra bullets acquire targets past the original AA range?
or does it proc when attacking towers?

I think this could matter in lane because it would allow harassment by already long range carries artificially extending their range when attacking caster minions.

Or in a situation Trist is poking at a tower she could be harassing defenders too? or if she is just clearing the minions at the tower could she potentially be getting free harass from the hurricane?

msgerbs

11-14-2012

And you thought Teemo was annoying before... Now not only will be annoying as hell, he'll be strong too. Ugh!

LightEcho

11-14-2012

Do the bolts match the users projectile speed?

Marthike

11-14-2012

Hey Xyph, since Kayle can't really use tiamat because she should be ranged as much as possible and can't use hurricane because she can't; could you make her a special code like vayne's silver bolts and let her ranged for proc tiamat? I'm no coding expert, but when you said they check for a coding flag to determine if a champ is ranged or melee, could you just make her flag always melee?