Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rippyman

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

X is the user of Hurricane from what I gathered, so hopefully it wouldn't hit X.
I think what he's asking is will the effect be able to potentially target someone outside your range if someone is within the hurricane's range and the attackers AA range, along the lines of MF's thingy.

msgerbs

11-14-2012

This seems really, REALLY OP. The main thing with AD carries is they only attack one target at once, and they still drop entire teams quickly left unchecked. With this item we'll see AD carries literally dropping 3 out of 5 champions on a team at the same time. How is that not OP as hell? You attack the tank and the support and the jungler die too.

DreamLeviathan

11-14-2012

I don't suppose you can tell us about Statikk Shiv sometime soon, Xyph?

Not to nag, just excited about how it might interact with this.

aZnPYTHONaZn

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippyman View Post
I think what he's asking is will the effect be able to potentially target someone outside your range if someone is within the hurricane's range and the attackers AA range, along the lines of MF's thingy.
Dat Op model ಠ_ಠ

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-14-2012
20 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
x3 mana cost for triple slow?
Right now, it would.

Although, I suppose if you read Frost Shot directly, it does say X mana per Attack, not X mana per Hit. Might be worth revisiting.

Etmas

11-14-2012

I don't really think adcs/ranged champs needed another buff, especially with an item like this... just puts them that much more ahead of everyone else in the game.

aloha2436

11-14-2012

So is kayle going left behind becuse this item may be sub-optimal on her due to the interaction with E? Or will she still be as viable as an on-hit carry as she is now?

Bear Furlong

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBaron88 View Post
Since you have to AA in order to proc it, my guess is "no". You would still have to be in normal attack range in order to make it do anything.
Yeah I get that. But say the ADC is out of your typical AA range but the minion he is standing behind isn't. He attacks the minion and the hurricane hits him. Would be a fun mechanic to exploit for harass.

ff6shadow

11-14-2012

Just a quick question not actually related to this item.

I'm loving all these new previews of the future. Any estimate on when we might get them? Because I haven't seen a single change, removal, or addition that I either dislike or understand the reasoning behind. So I can't wait to jump in like a kid in a candy store and try them all out.

Mourgus

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Kind of. The problem comes in when you factor in infinity edge and critical strike - as those only apply to your main attack.

So, if you go the typical IE/PD build with critical strikes, these secondary bolts are going to be far less than 50% of your average main attack damage.

If you go raw Hurricane / BT, builds for example - you will be life stealing more - at the cost of not taking advantage of the multiplicative power of critical strike and critical damage for the multiplicative power of Area of Effect attacks.

Basically - do you want to hit everyone a lot of times for a moderate amount of damage? Or do you want to hit one person a few times for tons of damage? But in the end, the amount you life steal actually kind of ends up to be around the same.
But with a champion such as Graves, who already has decent scaling on area of effect abilities, I feel as though this could easily get out of hand.
This has the potential to make AD casters who focus on AoE less desirable, as they could have a ranged champion with a VERY low cooldown dash and massive AoE damage do that for them.
Even with Kog'maw, the amount of % damage he'll be able to do to a team is just horrifying. Wasn't Malzahar's pool nerfed at one point because of the AoE % damage?
How powerful is Sivir's splitpushing power going to be now?

I must say, for the most part I've been really intrigued by all the new ideas and changes coming from Riot this past week, but this item just terrifies me with it's potential.