Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MCXL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Follow up question on thorn mail.

Does lifesteal also work with the hurricane?

Mephew

11-14-2012

How would this be with pre-rework sivir?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-14-2012
9 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
I know you guys do extensive testing and whatnot....but does this not just seem a tiny bit TOO good? It's practically a must buy for anyone that could benefit from it.
It's actually proven to be only situationally good in testing - mostly because you don't actually get better at single target damage much when building it and the build path is nothing but raw attack speed - which leaves you vulnerable a lot of the time.

Fitting Hurricane into a successful build is a lot harder than you think, simply because buying raw attack speed isn't always a good option.

Quote:
Does lifesteal also work with the hurricane?
Yeah, but off the reduced % value.

Quote:
Maybe it's not fair to think of this as a buff for AD carries in team fights. But that's how I'm thinking of it, and it doesn't seem like they need it. I hope there's been some serious play testing, because I'm envisioning more AD carry pentakills and more, faster surrenders.
Yes - this is probably true. Which is why we're doing these item additions in pre-season. If we've found that any particular item warps the game around it - we'll either retune the item or remove the item for the sake of a healthier game.

However, this is exactly the time to try crazy and risky stuff that gets people excited about itemization and specializing their builds. We owe it to you guys to try to put in awesome stuff that'll make your play experience more fun and if it doesn't work - we also owe it to you guys to apologize and pull it and try to come up with equally fun stuff.

In short, your feedback will tell us which of these items are healthy and which of these items are evil.

CoolHandJack

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
It doesn't really interact with it at all. Hurricane merely shoots secondary bolts at units around what you right-click. The fact that his autoattack is now piercing doesn't make Hurricane shots piercing.

Right, because Pixis not an on-hit effect and in fact uses the same rules as Hurricane in determining when *it* fires. Pix triggers when you attack, not when you hit thus it has no interactions with Hurricane whatsoever.
Xyph, judging from the champions you have made, to now the items you have created, I firmly believe no one on Earth loves to auto-attack as much as you.

Spiration

11-14-2012

How come you guys decided to purposefully not let Vayne's silver bolts work with this, but still allowed it on Orianna? It hurts both of their skills, yet you fixed it for Vayne but not Ori. Seems like one of them should be changed, at least for consistency.

Still, a very cool idea and am excited to wreck things as Teemo now!

KevinDelMarr

11-14-2012

Do you feel like the lack of stats other than AS will make it desirable enough to pick over items like PD? Or is the effect more awesome than I realize and will make more of an impact over greater numbers of enemies?

Looking back at the impact on Champions like Kog'Maw gives the impression it will be a very desirable. It also depends on what you're doing to PD. Also, is this Ranged Champions version of Ionic Spark? (Or is that Stattik's Shiv?)

Prince Kassad

11-14-2012

Quote:
Now that I think about it - this doesn't, mostly because Kayle is this instant autoattack thing that gets really desync'ed with actual Hurricane shots.
Shouldn't it work with Kayle's Righteous Fury?? This items seems tailor-made for on-hit builds and Kayle is one of the only viable on-hit champions in the game. She should be one of the best candidates for this item!!

Rippyman

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMEME670 View Post
What?

Yeah. Hitting the same 3 targets over and over is consecutive.
No, it isn't. in fact, if hurricane did interact with silver bolts appropriately, she would never get the bonus damage, as her bonus hits would act as a "target switch". She's not hitting one target consecutively, which is what procs the bonus damage.

Blackthorn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
It doesn't really interact with it at all. Hurricane merely shoots secondary bolts at units around what you right-click. The fact that his autoattack is now piercing doesn't make Hurricane shots piercing.

Right, because Pixis not an on-hit effect and in fact uses the same rules as Hurricane in determining when *it* fires. Pix triggers when you attack, not when you hit thus it has no interactions with Hurricane whatsoever.
Is there any hesitation on allowing Teemos Toxic shot and Twitch's Venom to apply to 3 targets in a teamfight? AP/AS teemo could nearly waste an entire team with this effect and 3 target max stack expunge is gonna be pure satanic to deal with.

BeastsCreature

11-14-2012

So would that mean like an on-hit Teemo build work? Like would Malady, Nashors Tooth, Mallet etc... proc on all 3 people it hit? Sorry, Hurricane is confusing to me >.<