Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apollinarius

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Vayne is a very special case - as if Hurricane worked with Silver Bolts - Vayne would never get a Silver Bolts proc ever gain.

If it becomes a major problem we'll just have to be more careful on tooltips and labelling with Hurricane. It's a problem that's been solved before. Hurricane is essentially an 'On Attack, fires 3 bolts that apply all your On Striking' modifiers, in Diablo 2 parlance, so I know it's solveable.
IMO, the correct way to deal with this is to remove the Silver Bolts single target restriction and let Vayne stack it on multiple targets instead of losing it the way she does now.

Then it would be like every other on-hit effect instead of following arbitrary rules of its own.

If that makes it too strong, then it should be nerfed to be brought in line with other on-hit effects like Blighted Quiver and Toxic Shot.

I notice how this item's introduction coincided with the removal of Maldred's Bloodrazor. Hurricane alone would have made MBR a great item. If Hurricane was coming, there was no reason to remove MBR because Hurricane's very existence makes MBR good.

Kaaden

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Thanks for the list. Curious about any interactions with Twitch's ult, though.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-14-2012
5 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
IMO, the correct way to deal with this is to remove the Silver Bolts single target restriction and let Vayne stack it on multiple targets instead of losing it the way she does now.

Then it would be like every other on-hit effect instead of following arbitrary rules of its own.
And then you'd have to nerf Vayne because Silver Bolts' balance depends on the fact that if you disengage from Vayne, she will require additional work to Silver Bolts to trigger on a teammate.

It'd also destroy Vayne's feel of a single target assassin - so I can't agree with you here.

Slashmeehup

11-14-2012

Am I crazy, or does this item seem insanely powerful?

Minister of Pie

11-14-2012

You missed Lux in that list, (i know this item would NEVER be viable for her anyway) but would it detonate her passive on multiple enemies that have it on them?

NotBuzzJack

11-14-2012

Are you afraid this might be a bit ridiculous with Urgot's passive?

DragonLord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I'm curious about the effects of thornmail and similar abilities (ie Fiora's Riposte). Hopefully this gets seen.
If I'm shooting Target A as my primary, but there's a Target B next to him with a thornmail. Do I still take the thornmail damage?

Illyriomysterio

11-14-2012

Oh good, you've found a way to make Teemo even more obnoxious.

MEMEME670

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Vayne is a very special case - as if Hurricane worked with Silver Bolts - Vayne would never get a Silver Bolts proc ever gain.
Isn't that just suboptimal coding?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-14-2012
6 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
You missed Lux in that list, (i know this item would NEVER be viable for her anyway) but would it detonate her passive on multiple enemies that have it on them?
Oh yes, Lux should detonate her passive on multiple enemies that have it - but Hurricane would be awful on her. XD

Quote:
If I'm shooting Target A as my primary, but there's a Target B next to him with a thornmail. Do I still take the thornmail damage?
Yes.

Quote:
Isn't that just suboptimal coding?
No - It's just a special case because Vayne's silver bolts has a very specific 'consecutive hits or else reset' mechanic.