Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solanich

11-14-2012

So it applies to all on hit items?

iamt3n

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xypherous View Post
pick a card and stacked decked are not on-hit effects. They are next-attack modifiers and do not work with hurricane.

A good rule of thumb is: 'if i have more attack speed, do i get to apply this effect more often?' if the answer is no, it doesn't work with hurricane.

The key distinction is whether it affects only one autoattack or not - these secondary bolts are not considered part of that "spell." they only enhance what would enhance all of your basic attacks.

This works fine.

Richochet is a next-attack modifier - and thus won't work with hurricane.

Again, the attack speed test holds true - 'if i get more attack speed, will i get more procs?' if the answer is no, then hurricane won't work with it.

Nope. Spinning axe is a next-hit modifier.

Yes.

Now that i think about it - this doesn't, mostly because kayle is this instant autoattack thing.

Nope. Sona's power chord affects your next attack - but isn't an enchantment over all attacks.

kogmaw?
Kogmaw?
Kogmaw?
Kogmaw?
Kogmaw?
Kogmaw?
Kogmaw?
Kogmaw?
Kogmaw?

General Veers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Now that I think about it - this doesn't, mostly because Kayle is this instant autoattack thing.
Any plans to change this? I think this item'd be a lot of fun for my angel.

NVDax

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Pick a Card and Stacked Decked are not on-hit effects. They are next-attack modifiers and do not work with Hurricane.

A good rule of thumb is: 'If I have more attack speed, do I get to apply this effect more often?' If the answer is no, it doesn't work with Hurricane.

The key distinction is whether it affects only one autoattack or not - these secondary bolts are not considered part of that "spell." They only enhance what would enhance all of your basic attacks.

This works fine.

Richochet is a next-attack modifier - and thus won't work with Hurricane.

Again, the attack speed test holds true - 'If I get more attack speed, will I get more procs?' If the answer is no, then Hurricane won't work with it.

Nope. Spinning Axe is a next-hit modifier.

Yes.

Now that I think about it - this doesn't, mostly because Kayle is this instant autoattack thing.

Nope. Sona's Power Chord affects your next attack - but isn't an enchantment over all attacks.

Vayne is a very special case - as if Hurricane worked with Silver Bolts - Vayne would never get a Silver Bolts proc ever gain.

If it becomes a major problem we'll just have to be more careful on tooltips and labelling with Hurricane. It's a problem that's been solved before. Hurricane is essentially an 'On Attack, fires 3 bolts that apply all your On Striking' modifiers, in Diablo 2 parlance, so I know it's solveable.
Twitch, come on xypher how is twitch with this item?

Auspexa

11-14-2012

gg everyone will rush this on kog

brb afk ftw

11-14-2012

So from what I understand by Xypherous' second post, unless Phage/Frozen Mallet are removed or changed substantially, they can proc from "The Storm"

ouch is all I have to say

Absolute 42

11-14-2012

@Xypherous

Some questions:

1.) Talon: Does Talon's E affect Crescent? In other words, do I get 3/6/9/12/15% extra damage to a target with Crescent if I use Cutthroat on them right before?

2.) Talon: What if I E to a target and then auto-attack an adjacent target? Does my Cleave do extra damage to the target of Cutthroat? (I know it's a strange case, but it's interesting)

3.) Shaco: Does Shaco get extra damage on Crescent to targets with their backs to him (because of his passive)? What about Cleave targets with their backs to him?

4.) Pantheon: Does Pantheon's shieldblock passive also negate Cleave damage for nearby allies when he blocks an attack?

5.) Fiora: Does Fiora's W (Riposte) also negate Cleave damage for nearby allies when she Ripostes an attack?

6.) Hitting Strange Targets: Can Cleave/Crescent hit targets that are invisible/not in my vision (in a brush)/untargetable assuming I'm close enough?

[Reposted from "Item Preview - It's Tuesday" since he seems to have left the thread.]

PenguinPaladin

11-14-2012

You do get more Stacked Deck hits with more attack speed. If Caitlyn's passive works that way, so should TF's E.

billywill

11-14-2012

Oh man a Kog with Frozen Mallet... O_o

Exodium92

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

xypherous quickly turning into favourite rioter with all these epic spoilers