Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frostaine

11-14-2012

Gonna miss HoG XD

RoscoeJones

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

RIP
Force of Nature

Ephruz

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venaccio View Post
hey riot

Can you explain what's gonna happen to Randuin's without HoG?
Probably just gonna be built off a Ruby Crystal. 350g difference isn't significant for something like that when there's an alternative item you can get in the process of building that in Warden's Mail.

buttbrain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Hog

Tyrusrex

11-14-2012

As a Dr. Mundo player, I'm really sad about losing Force of Nature. Everything about it was great for Mundo. Speed increase/Regeneration/Magic Resist. There's no other item that's comparable. And too often items that have one or two of these attributes made us waste gold and itemization on Mana.

ItsRainingBlades

11-14-2012

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY FoN

I iz sad

Lemonlce

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Heart of Gold – Removed

Heart of Gold is a deeply conflicted item. Gold over Time items are designed to be a tradeoff of early game power versus reliable scaling further on in the game. However, Heart of Gold is a Health item, a statistic that is primarily dominant early game rather than late game. It helps create a lot to passivity, but worst of all it contributes to passive snowballing. While the intent of the item was to help out gold-starved characters that were traditionally weak, there are much better ways to solve this than an item that also makes their direct competitors stronger.

Alternative: The other Gold per 10 items

We don’t want to see an item in the game that lets you passively win your lane and close off options for your opponent. The other 3 Gold per 10 items have all been upgraded with either much more flexible build paths in terms of what they can build into or additional ways to generate real and imagined incomes. From Gold per 10 upgrades that let you keep the Gold per 10 when fully upgraded to alternate gold gain passives, the other 3 Gold per 10 items have become much more flexible in their final builds.

-Xypherous
just...what about that makes sense to you?
1.)philo stone creates way more passiveness because if you have alot of regen, then you can just sit back be passie and wait for the regen, where-as hp is a flat substance, once it's spent it's spent and won't come back unless you sit and wait for it with your philo stone. lategame is also reliant on hp, for example. imagine a tank with 500000 armor and magic resistance, but only 10 hp. he's gonna die in 10 hits anyways, but if you have say 200 hp, that's 200 hits. which is scarier? 10 hit kill or 200 hit kill? but early game, not many people have alot of armor, so taking the reverse extreme of, imagine a champ with -50000 resists and 6 fully stacked warmogs, they'll still die in one hit, so realistically when every character has low resists (early game) would't hp be not worth as much as regen which promotes the passive play you're trying to not go for?
2.)each one only built into 2 items each(kage's built into torch so 3 there), avarice blade only built into one item....how is that more flexible than randuins and locket of iron solari. AND vandam's pillager?
3.) why not remove philo stone if you wanna remove passive play, which isn't always a bad thing. sometimes, in order to win, passive play is needed. or do you plan on removing all champs who excell in lategame, and have weak early game, and make it even more difficult for teams to comeback from a not so great start?

tl;dr: heart of gold isn't what should be removed flat hp better than regen if you wanna remove passive play

also i really liked FoN D: it was my favorite MR item ever

Nosferathree

11-14-2012

Madred's Bloodrazor: As a jungle control item it is surpassed by Wriggle’s Lantern in many ways, especially for sustains, invades and jungle vision.

Also true of Deathcap and Mana Potion. Riot pls.

alaskaneagle

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posotoligist View Post
Oh, so was I the only one building Ionic Spark on Teemo?

was i doing it wrong

no

I was also building ion spark on teemo.... also build madreds...

.. this could kill my teemo game... I loved ion spark. It made up for teemo's difficulty in team fights. Please change your mind about this... for teemo's sake :-3

YuriKitten

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenonite king View Post
Warwick and Teemo are sad now.
Not when you consider what's replacing bloodrazor.