Who counters gragas mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

quiyet

11-14-2012

What counters Gragas?

Alcoholics Anonymous.

Bigricky

11-14-2012

The correct answer is always Chogath or Morde

EDIT: Heimerdinger would be another contestant if it weren't for that pesky jungler

Kelly Price

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigricky View Post
The answer is always Chogath or Morde
Nope.

Bigricky

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Price View Post
Nope.
Those two champions beat anybody 1v1 if they're not ganked early. They are the epitome of the "They're balanced....as long as you gank them early" type champ.

Chogath infinite sustain, high burst, innate durability
Morde high sustain with revolver, high burst, high damage, resourcless low CDs, innate durability

After a couple levels and their first/second trip back to shop, they're not even scared of jungle ganks.

Enviously

11-14-2012

I've had trouble vs. Kennen and Cass; I've also won pretty easily as Cass. They're both very good at zoning and farming from safety and can stomp on your passive without much effort, especially if you go in to cs.

vs. Gragas, you really want to take someone that doesn't have much trouble sustaining their damage/harass and doesn't have too much trouble surviving dat ult. Kat, Vlad, Kennen and possibly Morde are all good picks IMO. Morgana is also good, mainly because both her and Gragas do the exact same thing all game in only a slightly different way.

Burst casters without sustained ranged harass e.g. Leblanc, Fizz, Brand, Talon, Kass etc aren't good against him at all. He can just eat the burst and heal up again because of that insane damage reduction + passive + Catalyst.

DjJazzman

11-14-2012

Why nobody says Viktor amazes me. I have never lost a mid match against gragas with viktor.

ZodiarkSavior

11-14-2012

Talon does well against Gragas.

VoidBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Veigar

Enviously

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjJazzman View Post
Why nobody says Viktor amazes me. I have never lost a mid match against gragas with viktor.
I think it's because most people forget he exists. ):

Honestly, I don't even have much experience vs. Viktor. He's so underplayed that it's kinda hard to give advice related to him. But you're right; for the same reasons as Cass, he sounds like an extremely good pick against him too.

SavagePrisonerSP

11-14-2012

Katarina counters gragas