Oh God, what the hell am I supposed to do?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

11-12-2012

Barrier in Summoner's Rift?

Goodbye Talon.

And you never even got a useful passive either.

Or maybe you manage to get your burst damage in..And you use Ignite + Noxian Diplomacy's bleeding damage to help secure the kill...nope....Barrier.

As well as the nerfs to flat Armor Penetration and the fact that I don't bring percent penetration with me (because I only go after squishy targets) are really killing me as Talon.

Oh, and that new support item that reveals stealth on active too.

Jesus Christ

Some people say bait it out, or wait it out...Do you have any idea how hard and inconvenient that is as an Assassin, especially Talon?

The longer you stay in an open engagement as Talon, the faster the danger level rises, way faster than staying in an open engagement with any other champion.

In the past, I've been able to slip through to a squishy that's literally right next to a tank, burst it down and run away while still in stealth so the tank never even touches me. How can I do that if:

1. I need to wait out a barrier (meaning death for me usually)

2. Bait out a barrier (meaning death for me usually)

3. Try to kill the squishy THROUGH the barrier (which may not always succeed, and will be SO VERY TOXIC to gameplay when they survive with one health after your Ignite finishes and your Q's Bleed Damage finishes)

Glaedien

11-12-2012

"Oh, and that new support item that reveals stealth on active too."

Hextech sweeper? I think that's still unavailable in Summoner's rift.

As for the rest, really, we'll just have to wait and see how barrier actually changes gameplay. I hope it isn't as devastating as you're making it out to be for assassins.

Insharai

11-12-2012

Well heal is already a huge pain XD It will make getting those first few kills a lot more difficult, but it will depend on whether the meta decides to take barrier up, it is really good 1v1, but I feel it will loose out against ignite's utility against champions like mundo and his going

Shaco Malfoy

11-12-2012

In exchange he gets itemization and better armor pen stacking soooooo....

Also Q bleed and ignite last significantly longer than barrier

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Think about it like this: what are the odds the AP carry or AD carry is going to take X/barrier over Flash/Ignite or Flash/Exhaust or Flash/Cleanse?

And the support, they'll almost certainly not take Barrier over, say, Flash/Exhaust or Flash/Heal.

At the very least, you'll always have an AP carry OR Support OR AD carry to burn down.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordAlpha View Post
Think about it like this: what are the odds the AP carry or AD carry is going to take X/barrier over Flash/Ignite or Flash/Exhaust or Flash/Cleanse
Well, what's the chance that a tank would take Barrier over Heal/Flash?

People ARE going to take it regardless of their role, and it's going to suck for me.

Ezrabar

11-12-2012

You're slightly overreacting. If what you say is true then heal is just as bad except for ignite. You don't only get kills when ignite is up. This is rediculous. I mean go play aram and test barrier for yourself. It really isn't what you are putting it out to be.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

11-14-2012

Futile bump because I hope that somehow this will turn out for the better.

Zombiemaster

11-14-2012

How about you wait and see how it turns out before complaining? You don't know how good Barrier is going to be, especially since they are reducing it's duration.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiemaster916 View Post
How about you wait and see how it turns out before complaining? You don't know how good Barrier is going to be, especially since they are reducing it's duration.
The duration is all that matters to assassins.