Item Preview Its Tuesday

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isysar

11-14-2012

Xypherous, can you talk about Sheen?

Someone mentioned there's going to be a tank version of Sheen.

A lot of the champions that can use Sheen very effectively (Akali, Shen, Mordekaiser) don't want the mana. Are you going to remove the mana portion from sheen?

WindowsVista

11-14-2012

Cant wait to have this as a core item on Fiora.

Altrec

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Tiamat has an internal proc limiter against different targets of 0.05 seconds - so Shyvana's Dragon form isn't going to Tiamat Proc 6 billion times any more and we might be able to add AoE on-hit abilities now. :P

With regard to the .05 second limiter. How does it work with Fiora's Ult? She bounces between multiply people, but I am unsure if it is more than that .05 sec limter between targets.

Felaedor

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akesgeroth View Post
Bloodthirster, once stacked, is 100 even when you have full health.

Now tell me, as an AD carry, how much time do you spend DPSing while below 50% health?
Can't completely ignore one and count the other.

And why do you even care about Tiamat balance for "AD Carry" anyway. Passive is melee only, so if you're buying it, you're doing it wrong. It's designed to be a MASSIVE buff to melee autoattackers who build AS/AD, i.e. the subset of champions that suck ******* even more than Assassins right now. Melee Carries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
With regard to the .05 second limiter. How does it work with Fiora's Ult? She bounces between multiply people, but I am unsure if it is more than that .05 sec limter between targets.
Fiora's ult is .25 seconds between attacks. Well outside the timer. It's only instantaneous AoEs that will be affected, i.e. Shyvana and Twitch targets that are standing on top of eachother. At point blank and max range, you could still get multiple hits from Twitch ult bolts.

abas0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

nice update

Felaedor

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umika View Post
I didn't say health is bad late game. Xypherous did. I'm trying to understand why.
Because he was comparing Ionic Spark and Wit's End, and by extension, HP and Resists.

When you compare HP and Resists, Resists tend to win heavily as the game progresses.

Context, context, context. It's not an absolute "HP sucks". It's a "there's something better on a VERY similar item".

Dragonsafe

11-14-2012

Just gonna point out, Spellvamp currently functions with any champion active ability except for those that apply on hit effects (with a couple strange exceptions... IE. fizz q) Summoner spells, and active item effects(ie gunblade's 300 damage). It has always functioned this way.

In other words, if it does damage and not considered an auto attack it procs spellvamp.

Altrec

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post
Can't completely ignore one and count the other.

And why do you even care about Tiamat balance for "AD Carry" anyway. Passive is melee only, so if you're buying it, you're doing it wrong. It's designed to be a MASSIVE buff to melee autoattackers who build AS/AD, i.e. the subset of champions that suck ******* right now. Melee Carries.

Fiora's ult is .25 seconds between attacks. Well outside the timer. It's only instantaneous AoEs that will be affected, i.e. Shyvana and Twitch targets that are standing on top of eachother. At point blank and max range, you could still get multiple hits from Twitch ult bolts.
Ok, thanks for the info. I just wasn't sure about the time between attacks and that cleared it up.

IS1d0cb1517abd96

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post
Because he was comparing Ionic Spark and Wit's End, and by extension, HP and Resists.

When you compare HP and Resists, Resists tend to win heavily as the game progresses.

Context, context, context. It's not an absolute "HP sucks". It's a "there's something better on a VERY similar item".
That is not true. I was buying Spark exactly because it was giving health (and had nice effects too)

I see people have big misconception. Health is better if you have resistances. I mean. If you have just health, you can survive and tank some, but you will be killed fast. If you have just resistances you can survive heavy burst, but you fail to sustain damage. In order to really tank, tanks need to make both. Actually, in my opinion, reaching about 200 both, armor and magic resistance is maximum of actually useful resistances. Because if you focus and keep on making only resistances, enemy players will just make LW/VS and burst you because you have as much health as rest of your team.

Try to tank only with resistances and without making any health items. Soon enough you won't be able to tank at all.

Also, resistances have big weakness. Penetration. Magic and armor easily lower that effective health of armor/magic resistance, when health doesn't have that problem. Health is only lowered by damage, nothing else. So armor and magic resistance is helping in making health works better, but armor and magic resistance is weak without health to support them.

I'd kinda compare it to shield vs heal. While shield (resistances) give you temporary toughness, heal (health) give you constant toughness by restoring your health.

tempnameA461

11-14-2012

Not to seem mean, just trying to clarify:
> Surge is being removed because people are bad.
> Tiamat is being changed because people are bad.
> Promote is being added to an item that will harm customization (a change that's supposedly to produce customization), and probably have useless stats such as {+mana}, making it hard to buy on {manaless} Champions.

Is this correct?