How is this person pardon?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlexDnD2

11-13-2012

This justice review thing is whack. Look at this:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5932058/#nogo

Game 1: Never spoke. 1/10.

Game 2: 1/18. Never spoke.

Both time's Yi.

Do people not know how to spot a troll? Lowest assists in every game. Horrible K/D ratio. Never spoke to the team. Multiple people in each game reported him. And he is pardoned?

Are you freaking kidding me?

Please read the rules.

Punishable offenses ARE NOT JUST VERBAL ABUSE.

I get that most people seem to be care bear freaks and think the tribunal is designed to make sure no ones precious feelings are hurt. But the actual purpose is to eliminate toxic play. If you never communicate you should be banned. If you purposefully troll and feed - you should be banned. Right now the current tribunal folks don't see any problem in feeding 1/18 and never speaking the entire game. This is something riot needs to seriously look at.

AlexDnD2

11-13-2012

Edited it to make sense.

vulgarwolf

11-13-2012

many people had multiple deaths.

usualyl people complain about getting banned..you are complaining about somebody not getting punished ??

Tswizzle SF

11-13-2012

A lot of players just glance over the chat log, see nothing wrong with what they say (or didn't say), look at item build, and forgive what they assume is a bad game.

This is a case of intentional feeding in my opinion, and I would have lost rating and broken my streak for thinking that way, but I don't care about either of those.

I say time and time again, the Tribunal isn't perfect, and people do slip by. However, when 99% of cases are rightfully judged, it's a damn near perfect system.

AlexDnD2

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tswizzle SF View Post
A lot of players just glance over the chat log, see nothing wrong with what they say (or didn't say), look at item build, and forgive what they assume is a bad game.

This is a case of intentional feeding in my opinion, and I would have lost rating and broken my streak for thinking that way, but I don't care about either of those.

I say time and time again, the Tribunal isn't perfect, and people do slip by. However, when 99% of cases are rightfully judged, it's a damn near perfect system.
I have a 89% accuracy rating... the only one's that have slipped through are situations like these.

I honestly don't think people should be banned for a little verbal abuse on the internet - because if you can't stand a little heat you probably shouldn't be here - but that's not my call. What I do find toxic is the trolls. The people who feed on purpose and these are the ones that I'm seeing slip through the cracks more and more.

Scandulous

11-14-2012

I would have called this refusing to communicate, if anything. To me it just looks like another Yi who doesn't speak English... I see them all the time. S:

Judging by score, farm and build, it looks like he tried to play the game, but just did it poorly. His 1/10/0 in the first game suggests that he stayed in his lane rather than joining team fights. Like a lot of Yi I see, he probably just kept trying to push or backdoor, or ran around clearing lanes that were being pushed and forgotten. The score suggests he got caught alone a lot, which tends to happen to a poor backdoor Yi.

In the second game, 1/18/5 (Keeping in mind a tanky Ryze with 2/16/12), it looks like he tried to join his team more this time, but as an uncommunicative Yi, he probably ran around on his own a lot and continued dying. I can just picture the way those teamfights went, too, with him charging in to initiate, getting caught out of a poorly placed alpha strike, and being the first down on his team.

Even if I had a better opinion of Yi players in general, those scores don't look like intentional feeding to me. He was uncommunicative, but wasn't negative in any other way... For all the tribunal knows, those may have just been bad games. They are often reported because team mates are annoyed, but this honestly doesn't look intentional to me.

AlexDnD2

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandulous View Post
I would have called this refusing to communicate, if anything. To me it just looks like another Yi who doesn't speak English... I see them all the time. S:

Judging by score, farm and build, it looks like he tried to play the game, but just did it poorly. His 1/10/0 in the first game suggests that he stayed in his lane rather than joining team fights. Like a lot of Yi I see, he probably just kept trying to push or backdoor, or ran around clearing lanes that were being pushed and forgotten. The score suggests he got caught alone a lot, which tends to happen to a poor backdoor Yi.

In the second game, 1/18/5 (Keeping in mind a tanky Ryze with 2/16/12), it looks like he tried to join his team more this time, but as an uncommunicative Yi, he probably ran around on his own a lot and continued dying. I can just picture the way those teamfights went, too, with him charging in to initiate, getting caught out of a poorly placed alpha strike, and being the first down on his team.

Even if I had a better opinion of Yi players in general, those scores don't look like intentional feeding to me. He was uncommunicative, but wasn't negative in any other way... For all the tribunal knows, those may have just been bad games. They are often reported because team mates are annoyed, but this honestly doesn't look intentional to me.
Refusing to communicate is a reportable offense - do you not punish this type of report? Also do you think this Yi diminished the enjoyment his team received?

Scandulous

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDnD2 View Post
Refusing to communicate is a reportable offense - do you not punish this type of report? Also do you think this Yi diminished the enjoyment his team received?
He probably hurt the overall enjoyment of the game, but that's what happens when you play with pugs. If there were more actual communication happening and he ignored it, I would probably punish. In this case, however, most of the 'communication' was things like "yi...", "yi noob", "yi go bot", and after most instructions there was some indication that he listened. Actions speak louder than words.

While I know most of the player base speaks English, I have to say that I personally am guilty of refusing to communicate when I solo queue and my entire team speaks only spanish. It's not a rare occurrence, either, so I have some sympathy here. My old premade used to have the rule that if you see a Yi, you dodge the queue. This came into effect after having a yi (or tryn) every game, and them always being silent. My friends reasoned that everyone's first character is Yi, and honestly I've never seen proof otherwise. XD

All that said, I do punish this TYPE of report. But this case, to me, looks like a couple of bad games. Everyone has them, and often enough, trying to justify yourself instead of staying silent just makes it that much worse. As I explained in my previous post, none of this looks intentional or bad enough that he should be banned. If it continues, and even if it continues to be pardoned, Riot will eventually look in on the case.

AlexDnD2

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandulous View Post
He probably hurt the overall enjoyment of the game, but that's what happens when you play with pugs. If there were more actual communication happening and he ignored it, I would probably punish. In this case, however, most of the 'communication' was things like "yi...", "yi noob", "yi go bot", and after most instructions there was some indication that he listened. Actions speak louder than words.

While I know most of the player base speaks English, I have to say that I personally am guilty of refusing to communicate when I solo queue and my entire team speaks only spanish. It's not a rare occurrence, either, so I have some sympathy here. My old premade used to have the rule that if you see a Yi, you dodge the queue. This came into effect after having a yi (or tryn) every game, and them always being silent. My friends reasoned that everyone's first character is Yi, and honestly I've never seen proof otherwise. XD

All that said, I do punish this TYPE of report. But this case, to me, looks like a couple of bad games. Everyone has them, and often enough, trying to justify yourself instead of staying silent just makes it that much worse. As I explained in my previous post, none of this looks intentional or bad enough that he should be banned. If it continues, and even if it continues to be pardoned, Riot will eventually look in on the case.
Why would they look into cases being pardoned?

NydusHerMan

11-14-2012

I probably would have skipped this case if I ran into it... I don't know...

I feel like there's a possibility that he was legitimately trying but not very good at yi. I mean, looking at the summoner spells of the players in both games, and some of the builds (e.g. orianna building berserker greaves buts she's not even going AD), I'd guess that it's a low level game. I don't think there's sufficient evidence that he was trolling. However, I would take into consideration punishing him for refusing to communicate with the team but that's kind of a gray area for me because he might just not know how to speak english and I don't really find it right to punish someone for that.