Anyone get Dragon Tamer Lulu?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baneson

11-14-2012

Bought it first thing when I got home. No regrets. Love the skin! Good job Riot!

Zhico

11-14-2012

TBH new animations shouldnt make it 1350, look at frostfire annie or haunted noc which was a 460 skin from what i remember

Kinnakoa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I feel like it'd have only taken a little more work to push it from 975 to 1350. A recall animation, a new effect on her ult (possibly dragon fire/dragon tail pushing everyone up instead of tree stumps), any number of small things. As it is now, it's overpriced.

Tarmy

11-14-2012

hell no

ChromeFalcon

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baneson View Post
Bought it first thing when I got home. No regrets. Love the skin! Good job Riot!
People like you are what's going to encourage Riot in making more 1350 RP skins. >.>

Buried

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I know this isn't my area of expertise, but if you found your purchase worth it and enjoy the skin, is it ripping someone off? I'm not sure I get that.
I'm sure he would enjoy the skin less if you gave it to him for free.

Morello...come on bro.

TheSeiferOne

11-14-2012

While I love my Lulu, I'm sorry, but this skin is ugly as hell. Idk what it is that I don't like about it but :/ I just can't get myself to like it.

AidanNoot

11-14-2012

i dunno, i just don't feel it's 1350 quality compared to mecha kha'zix

also im a couple hundred rp off now from purchasing it, imad

Krimson62

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakoa View Post
I feel like it'd have only taken a little more work to push it from 975 to 1350. A recall animation, a new effect on her ult (possibly dragon fire/dragon tail pushing everyone up instead of tree stumps), any number of small things. As it is now, it's overpriced.

This is really the main problem

If her ult changed people into dragons, that would be amazing, and totally FEEL like it is special

Like right now she still rides her cane like a broomstick. why could she not hop on a little dragon and go? (you spend quite a bit of time whimseying yourself) when cast on allies it could be left as it is now

I like the new shield particles

As for the glitterlance animation the lance from lulu should be a different color from pix (his should look like fire)

a recall animation would be nice very very nice

or even an evolving whimsey. Where each skill point in the ability transforms an enemy differently (even if it was just the color it would be cool)
(tier one an egg, tier two an egg with legs, 3 legs and arms, 4 in its shell like now, 5 a waddling little dragon)

SOMETHING to make it feel half-legendary

Zeunchainn

11-14-2012

I'm a 3D modeler/conceptor and what Riot is doing here is abusing ignorance of people regarding 3D modeling and animating.
They want people to believe this skin required tremendous amount of additional work more than other skin because of new dragon model and animation.
That little dragon model and animation is really nothing probably took less that 4 hours for a single modeler/animator to complete.

Sure skins looks very different in appearance and seems like they needed huge amount of work but they are actualy 90% similar to the original if you could convert them into text.
Just like a human and a pig look very different but have very similar genetic code.

Most people don't know that most of the work when modeling is not something visible on the model itself.The skin is just 10% of the model.

Since 1350 is 38% more expensive than 975 I can assure you that that this skin didn't required 38% more work or production cost but barely 9%.