Please remove back ping

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bLues

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestphile View Post
you think you will win, you run up to the enemy

your teammate sees a gank coming, so they back ping you to be careful

you dive in and get eaten alive

blames the back ping
Yeah thats it.
Initiate on a fight 2v2. Someone (not the other guy near me) back pings. Lose my teammate. I die.

Can I blame the back ping? Or do I blame the guy for listening to it? Or do I blame myself because I shouldn't have engaged when it was clearly a fight we couldve won?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endrid

Senior Member

11-14-2012

sometimes yes its way more distracting than actually helpful, if you find someone doing this WAY too much you can always iggy them and like magic the maddening pings stop


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bLues

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawlerBrawler View Post
There is if Ashe saw that the enemy jungler passing a ward towards that lane. Or if the Ashe knew that an enemy champion was about to lane gank from the brush. I like it when other lanes retreat ping if they know that an enemy is on the way, b/c regardless of if I saw it or not, it proves they have map awareness and they're holding me accountable as well.
I've scored an Ace and had people ****ing back pinging me when I'm hitting the turret ffs and they're still dead for 15 seconds. Those minions are serious business, man.
You can't be serious.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bLues

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrid View Post
sometimes yes its way more distracting than actually helpful, if you find someone doing this WAY too much you can always iggy them and like magic the maddening pings stop
And then I can't communicate with them. Also doesn't stop my team from listening to those pings. Which is the problem.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LawlerBrawler

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protomannnn View Post
Yeah thats it.
Initiate on a fight 2v2. Someone (not the other guy near me) back pings. Lose my teammate. I die.

Can I blame the back ping? Or do I blame the guy for listening to it? Or do I blame myself because I shouldn't have engaged when it was clearly a fight we couldve won?
It's not like that's the only time retreat ping is used. I've seen it used so many times to warn of impending ganks, and help coordinate teamfights. Yea, it does kinda suck if the above situation go down, but asking to remove a very clear, very efficient form of communication in a team game is really dumb.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protomannnn View Post
I've scored an Ace and had people ****ing back pinging me when I'm hitting the turret ffs and they're still dead for 15 seconds. Those minions are serious business, man.
You can't be serious.
So do you think maybe they might just be typing "b" in chat instead? Honestly, this argument's got no legs to stand on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bLues

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawlerBrawler View Post
It's not like that's the only time retreat ping is used. I've seen it used so many times to warn of impending ganks, and help coordinate teamfights. Yea, it does kinda suck if the above situation go down, but asking to remove a very clear, very efficient form of communication in a team game is really dumb.
I barely notice back pings used like this unless someone irritating is spam pinging a gank on the map in which its so covered in ****ing pings I can't even see who's coming.

I know there are times where its helpful. I'm aware of this. I just find it annoying when said situation happens. It happens to me atleast twice a game. Sometimes costs us the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joebuscus

Senior Member

11-14-2012

If they see something important like a jungler gank that is going to -change- the fight then maybe it's okay. But I think it is good manners to ping on the threat rather than spam V all over your character. Maybe draw a ping line up there and type a quick "jungl incoming run"?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bLues

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-14-2012

You guys are seriously misunderstanding what I'm getting at.

I'm not talking about a ****ing jungle gank.

Example:
FOUR PEOPLE ARE ALIVE.
TWO ON EACH TEAM.

We're getting ready to jump on them because we have a chance and we will win if we take it. Dead teammate back pings. One teammate hesitates. Ends up losing 2v2 because of it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LawlerBrawler

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protomannnn View Post
You guys are seriously misunderstanding what I'm getting at.

I'm not talking about a ****ing jungle gank.

Example:
FOUR PEOPLE ARE ALIVE.
TWO ON EACH TEAM.

We're getting ready to jump on them because we have a chance and we will win if we take it. Dead teammate back pings. One teammate hesitates. Ends up losing 2v2 because of it.
No, we get what you're saying. Unfortunately for your argument, the retreat ping can in fact be used in other situations, and is therefore useful. Removing it is a nerf to player communication in a team game. How is it that you haven't gotten that by now?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skarenox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-14-2012

What I hate is when people use retreat ping to tell "let's do Dragon" haha


123