It doesn't make sense that Riot can charge $

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Falleth

11-14-2012

Quote:
can't help but ask what then? A guy that could have spent 300 $ - 1000 $ or even more perhaps loses his account because some basement dweller wants his justice rating to stay high.
Irrelevant - if he was acting like ****, he would most likely put off more people willing to spend money.

Also, permabans are actually over-sought by Riot, it's not automatic, so even if Tribunal is wrong, it most likely won't go through.

M O R B I Dx

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkChibiman View Post
Well, you do agree to a specific set of terms where you give Riot exactly the power to do just that.

Next time, before clicking Accept, read that popup when your client gets patched.
Ya good idea bro. So smart.

ComicJunkie64

11-14-2012

Honestly it is bs really. To get banned over cussing on a game that has a filter. And that is rated T for Teen. Are we all 5 year old girls? This game is gonna tank soon anyway. Riot is a terrible company.

DeathByWaffle

11-14-2012

Quote:
Well, you do agree to a specific set of terms where you give Riot exactly the power to do just that.

Next time, before clicking Accept, read that popup when your client gets patched.
Let's be honest though. Who really does read those things besides like Lawyers?

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
This game is gonna tank soon anyway. Riot is a terrible company.
Hey idiot, I got a news flash for ya. Some other idiots said the exact same thing you said a year ago and guess what? Riot is more successful than ever.

M O R B I Dx

11-14-2012

Quote:

you realize that if you click decline you cant install the game?

Thats like hey you want a job? gotta click accept to our TOS or the next person will, and guess what you wont have a job if you always decline because every single job has one....ya they already do that btw I know.

So a pretty moot point.

Shaboopie

11-14-2012

A few things to say. 1: Follow the rules, and you won't have to worry about it. 2: A Riot employee has to approve every single ban that the Tribunal passes. 3: You paying money doesn't entitle you to continue playing. Its the same with every other game. If you actually read the End User License Agreement, what you paid for was not ownership of the game, but the opportunity to play it, with the stipulation that the company who created the game can revoke that opportunity at any time, for any reason they deem necessary. You agreed to that agreement, whether you read it or not. Therefor, you are held liable to every single aspect of it.

In short, get over it.

DarkChibiman

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByWaffle View Post
Let's be honest though. Who really does read those things besides like Lawyers?
Have you read through them? They're actually very well written for the average dullard like myself.

Anyways, it's also pretty straightforward - Riot gives itself complete authority to do whatever they want, for any or no reason, anytime, for any length, no compensation required. You don't actually own a single solitary thing in the game.

It's pretty standard, really. It's just to avoid loopholes legally, they have huge financial incentive not to abuse their power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M O R B I Dx View Post

Thats like hey you want a job? gotta click accept to our TOS or the next person will, and guess what you wont have a job if you always decline because every single job has one....ya they already do that btw I know.

So a pretty moot point.
Exactly. It's a very standard, reliable system for companies.

DeathByWaffle

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by M O R B I Dx View Post

So a pretty moot point.
Well duh. Riot owns the game. If you can't agree to their rules, then you have no right to play THEIR game.

M O R B I Dx

11-14-2012

I love downvotes btw, keep em coming.