Tribunal for General

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M O R B I Dx

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkChibiman View Post
I'm sorry if I misled you, I never meant to imply the ToS really dealt with civility, I just meant that Riot forces you to agree to a set of rules and manners before they allow you to use their product.

I feel you're taking my arguments a bit too far to their extreme. I personally would never want the forums to be a "no rules zone", but I am glad that people can are allowed to curse (albeit censored) and talk about things more critically.

I do not agree, I actually think that Riot themselves do not allow that slander and cruelty. They close threads and let them fall-off all the time because they are inappropriate.

Yes, you're right - they do want the forums to be a good experience too. It's just "good experience" in game and "good experience" on forums are really two different variables. In the game, you're playing The Game. The entirety of being there revolves around The Game. Chat is merely a means to that end - it is an accessory.

The point of being on the forums, however, is to chat. So, naturally, Riot wants to be more lackadaisical with what expression they choose to limit.
Never go full ******.

DarkChibiman

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by M O R B I Dx View Post
Never go full ******.
Hmm?

So is the discussion over? Or did you want to keep chatting?

M O R B I Dx

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkChibiman View Post
Hmm?

So is the discussion over? Or did you want to keep chatting?
I would love to, want to get some icecream? or maybe some coffee since its cold where I live.

And we can talk about how much we loved to play 2 square in elementary school.

DarkChibiman

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by M O R B I Dx View Post
I would love to, want to get some icecream? or maybe some coffee since its cold where I live.

And we can talk about how much we loved to play 2 square in elementary school.
Alright then, see you around the forums.

Later.