Tribunal for General

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M O R B I Dx

Member

11-14-2012

I say we make a Tribunal and report system like in game for the forums, well I lied in the title not just general but all forum sub categories.

Just make a report button next to up/donwvote and same thing have a reason for why and a box to put text in, and just put it into the tribunal.

Ban was justified amiright?

edit: also include a new reason for "intentionally downvoting".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M O R B I Dx

Member

11-14-2012

not a good idea huh GD? too many "innocent" will get banned?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M O R B I Dx

Member

11-14-2012

keep em coming lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkChibiman

Senior Member

11-14-2012

I think we could tolerate a mean post on a forum.

It's another thing to be forced to put up with a toxic person in the game itself, in which I gave my money to the company and Agreed to a Terms page that pretty much said "No AsshoIery".

I'm fine with how forums operate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M O R B I Dx

Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkChibiman View Post
I think we could tolerate a mean post on a forum.

It's another thing to be forced to put up with a toxic person in the game itself, in which I gave my money to the company and Agreed to a Terms page that pretty much said "No AsshoIery".

I'm fine with how forums operate.
O rly? and thats not even slightly being a hypocrite to you?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkChibiman

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by M O R B I Dx View Post
O rly? and thats not even slightly being a hypocrite to you?
How so?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M O R B I Dx

Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkChibiman View Post
How so?
U cant be srs brohem.

If you can tolerate a mean post/posts, on a forum why cant you put up with some mean posts ingame? if the person isnt trolling gameplay just talking smack.

edit: and also how does the terms of service agreement not apply to forums?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkChibiman

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by M O R B I Dx View Post
U cant be srs brohem.

If you can tolerate a mean post/posts, on a forum why cant you put up with some mean posts ingame? if the person isnt trolling gameplay just talking smack.
Well first off, not all "mean posts" are tolerated neccesarily. You've probably seen multiple threads closed that were pretty rude or crude. And once in a while a person will get banned for being deemed as extremely toxic. So to imply there is no "Justice" system already in place would be wrong.

To expand even further on that, if Reds so chose to, they could bump up the civility-requirement of the forums to match that of in-game LoL - it as their allowance that we can act somewhat "mean" and not get in trouble.

Second of all, comparing forums to in-game is fairly apples-oranges. The game is Riot's product they're selling me, so they want to keep me happy with that game. So they have a big civility rule - the Summoner's Code - to make sure the game stays as pleasant as possible.

The forums are far different - they are more an accessory that Riot throws in to do this-or-that with, probably to get a better sense of community.

You see, the game is more the realm in which you go, and participate in the main event, where you act semi-serious and apply your effort. The forums is more where you put your feet up and chat about what's been going on on the main floor. You can't bend over and take a big sh*t on the rug, but you can loosen up and be more free.

Quote:
and also how does the terms of service agreement not apply to forums?
Who says they don't? ToS doesn't really delve into civility anyways, it's actually more of a blanket "We can ban you any time, for any or no reason at all, for no compensation" policy, just to cover their ass. For civility, you must defer to the Summoner's Code.

Remember, you don't have to click Accept.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M O R B I Dx

Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkChibiman View Post
Well first off, not all "mean posts" are tolerated neccesarily. You've probably seen multiple threads closed that were pretty rude or crude. And once in a while a person will get banned for being deemed as extremely toxic. So to imply there is no "Justice" system already in place would be wrong.

To expand even further on that, if Reds so chose to, they could bump up the civility-requirement of the forums to match that of in-game LoL - it as their allowance that we can act somewhat "mean" and not get in trouble.

Second of all, comparing forums to in-game is fairly apples-oranges. The game is Riot's product they're selling me, so they want to keep me happy with that game. So they have a big civility rule - the Summoner's Code - to make sure the game stays as pleasant as possible.

The forums are far different - they are more an accessory that Riot throws in to do this-or-that with, probably to get a better sense of community.

You see, the game is more the realm in which you go, and participate in the main event, where you act semi-serious and apply your effort. The forums is more where you put your feet up and chat about what's been going on on the main floor. You can't bend over and take a big sh*t on the rug, but you can loosen up and be more free.



Who says they don't? ToS doesn't really delve into civility anyways, it's actually more of a blanket "We can ban you any time, for any or no reason at all, for no compensation" policy, just to cover their ass. For civility, you must defer to the Summoner's Code.

Remember, you don't have to click Accept.
Damn did it really take you like 10 mins to type that? i edited my post right after i posted.

how is it apples to oranges? they would still want the forum experience to be a "good" experience too, wouldn't they?

So the community, the forums, is their opportunity to allow alot of slander and cruel comments to exist? agian you're not making much sense.

So the forums are a place to "put your feet up" as you say, so its a no rules zone? The summoner code applies to the forums in a way as well.

And I think you are trolling because your final point about the terms and service, you're the one that brought that up....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkChibiman

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by M O R B I Dx View Post
Damn did it really take you like 10 mins to type that? i edited my post right after i posted.

how is it apples to oranges? they would still want the forum experience to be a "good" experience too, wouldn't they?

So the community, the forums, is their opportunity to allow alot of slander and cruel comments to exist? agian you're not making much sense.

So the forums are a place to "put your feet up" as you say, so its a no rules zone? The summoner code applies to the forums in a way as well.

And I think you are trolling because your final point about the terms and service, you're the one that brought that up....
I'm sorry if I misled you, I never meant to imply the ToS really dealt with civility, I just meant that Riot forces you to agree to a set of rules and manners before they allow you to use their product.

I feel you're taking my arguments a bit too far to their extreme. I personally would never want the forums to be a "no rules zone", but I am glad that people can are allowed to curse (albeit censored) and talk about things more critically.

Quote:
So the community, the forums, is their opportunity to allow alot of slander and cruel comments to exist?
I do not agree, I actually think that Riot themselves do not allow that slander and cruelty. They close threads and let them fall-off all the time because they are inappropriate.

Yes, you're right - they do want the forums to be a good experience too. It's just "good experience" in game and "good experience" on forums are really two different variables. In the game, you're playing The Game. The entirety of being there revolves around The Game. Chat is merely a means to that end - it is an accessory.

The point of being on the forums, however, is to chat. So, naturally, Riot wants to be more lackadaisical with what expression they choose to limit.


12