Zed Is Excellent, Thank You Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

11-14-2012

He has a tangible sense of fun from the emergent nature of his combos.

The order in which you do things matters a lot, your cooldowns are very meaningful strategic elements, and his effectiveness is strong both in laning and in teamfights, scaling heavily with skill, despite being a melee assassin.

Pretty please design all your champions with such a nice skill curve and player-decision based differentiation!

I mean, he can still be effective and fun even if you aren't that good with him.
But he also gets better and better as you do.

And the inter-skill interaction (primarily with his clones) leads to a wide variety of tactics, improving replayability.
Each skill alone does something good, but together they have emergent effects and strategies for the player to use.

He rewards you for cleverness, rather than requiring you to do things one way.

I would be quite happy if all your upcoming champions had such optional skill-rewarding combinations.

Hexer

11-14-2012

The only reason I still play him even after losing every single game I've played with him is because he's fun. But he still sucks.

Best Lolicon NA

11-14-2012

Zed is really fun to play without question, all he needs are number fixes and he will be one of my favorite champions Riot has put out in a long while, that or lower the energy cost oh his stuff slightly...Either or.....or...both.

Super Explosion

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevchenko View Post
The only reason I still play him even after losing every single game I've played with him is because he's fun. But he still sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Lamia View Post
Zed is really fun to play without question, all he needs are number fixes and he will be one of my favorite champions Riot has put out in a long while, that or lower the energy cost oh his stuff slightly...Either or.....or...both.
He's a heavy skill scaler like Lee Sin.

You need to be really aware of your position and cooldowns to excel with him.

I've had extreme success with leveling Q into W for lane harassment-- that bonus AD on W is quite powerful, as is the reduced cooldown.

Tricks like shadow jumping with W into an ult are effective, dodging enemy abilities with ult, hitting all your abilities while the ult mark is up, that sort of thing.

I also lane with Exhaust-Ignite, because, well, boom.

Síxpool

11-14-2012

Thinking of getting him, he looks a lot like LB which is my favourite champ, but shes not in a great place at the moment so I might give Zed a shot.

Is he any good late game?

SubzeroKelvin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Síxpool View Post
Thinking of getting him, he looks a lot like LB which is my favourite champ, but shes not in a great place at the moment so I might give Zed a shot.

Is he any good late game?
From what I've seen, he's only good late game.

Super Explosion

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubzeroKelvin View Post
From what I've seen, he's only good late game.
The earlygame manaless harassment can be quite good.

But you really need to hit your skills.

Very similar to laning Kennen.

Built in Flash gives him reasonable safety to go with his harassing, though can't sustain or CC as easily as Kennen.

Still very deadly to single targets.

MakinBacnPanCaks

11-14-2012

Try him in the jungle.
His ganks lack in CC but he does have his lee sin esc quality's.

Vinterland

11-14-2012

Is he worth it?

General Quackers

11-14-2012

He needs to built as a bruiser. He's almost blatantly intended to be built as a bruiser rather than an AD stacking assassin. His burst is very high with only medium amounts of AD. A late game build with only 130 bonus AD will put out around 2500 physical burst for his combo; his 25% AD boost really helps him out in the late game.

The only AD you need to build on Zed is a BT or IE + LW. So even with boots, you still have three slots to dedicate to defensive items; and you should put defensive items in those slots. If you're building Zed with 4 big damage items + boots and a GA/Trinforce, then you're going to suck.