No More Rabadons....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForsakenBodom

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elalya View Post
Thornmail isn't what's keeping AD Yi in check, lol.

Deathcap was way too big of an investment for flat AP--it did not play well with the pacing of the Crystal Scar. Wooglet's is a far superior replacement. Honestly, though, Blackfire quadpen is probably going to be SUPER broken.

I think Wooglet's is a terrible replacement! I don't want armor to replace a huge chunk of AP for the same cost. Don't stand up front if you don't want to get killed. It kills spears as Nidalee the entire game. She went from bad early game to bad the entire game.

DiscworldDeath

11-14-2012

Yes, because no one ever gets jumped on, Zhonya's active is such a terrible thing to have - no one ever needed it, they should all just learn to play better.

Sauron

11-14-2012

Thronemail, the choice of written communication between monarchs (e.g. Lord Darius and Lord Mordekaiser).

Volandum

11-14-2012

Zhonya's doesn't save you from bad positioning, it just slightly delays your inevitable demise (unless you're Kassadin, but that's another story). I'd actually rather have DCap or DCap + Hourglass on a lot of champs, like Teemo (hourglass is not a kiting tool), Diana (if bot lane she can farm up both, hourglass is a trap top), and a fair few other kitey ap carries. Swain's an exception.

The loss of the hat also means that there's no really big AP item to go for, unless one wants to go the AAS route.

I think I also get almost as much armour on Xerath with the old deathcap.

Orphane

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Thronemail, the choice of written communication between monarchs (e.g. Lord Darius and Lord Mordekaiser).
Actually, my take on it was literally a champion wearing an elaborate armor crafted of the ceremonial chairs nobility use. Can someone draw this?

FDru

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Actually, my take on it was literally a champion wearing an elaborate armor crafted of the ceremonial chairs nobility use. Can someone draw this?
Beat me to it.

Do want, though.

Redenbacher

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
Zhonya's doesn't save you from bad positioning, it just slightly delays your inevitable demise (unless you're Kassadin, but that's another story). I'd actually rather have DCap or DCap + Hourglass on a lot of champs, like Teemo (hourglass is not a kiting tool), Diana (if bot lane she can farm up both, hourglass is a trap top), and a fair few other kitey ap carries. Swain's an exception.

The loss of the hat also means that there's no really big AP item to go for, unless one wants to go the AAS route.

I think I also get almost as much armour on Xerath with the old deathcap.
Wooglet's IS the big AP item. The bottom line is that you should be building slightly tankier on Dominion - I really don't care how impeccable your positioning is, there's nothing stopping a gap closer from choosing to ignore the teamfight and eat you alive. You deal zero damage if you're dead.

The armor and active are aimed at keeping you alive for another round of cooldowns (or two), which could be the difference between an ace for your team or an ace for their team.

Volandum

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
The armor and active are aimed at keeping you alive for another round of cooldowns (or two), which could be the difference between an ace for your team or an ace for their team.
For this purpose I build Frozen Heart, which materially improves the cooldowns even when I'm not dived. The active will generally turn your positioning from bad to outrageously bad, if you're a kitey mage.

100 AP on a 3.5K gold item is a lot to pay, if I just wanted AP most of the game I'd be better off stacking NLRs.

Redenbacher

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
For this purpose I build Frozen Heart, which materially improves the cooldowns even when I'm not dived. The active will generally turn your positioning from bad to outrageously bad, if you're a kitey mage.

100 AP on a 3.5K gold item is a lot to pay, if I just wanted AP most of the game I'd be better off stacking NLRs.
You mean 100 AP plus 25% of your total AP, plus 50 armor.

Frozen Heart is still a very strong item... but without Rabadon's - this IS your big AP item. You're not going to avoid it just because it doesn't give as much AP... you don't have another choice.

I don't believe I've ever played a mage on Dominion and the only stat I was concerned about was AP. Enemies can have impeccable positioning and timing as well. Although, I think I've built Rabadon's only a handful of times... and I was playing bottom with Ziggs or Brand each time.

Volandum

11-14-2012

Here's the problem Redenbacher, Hat gives you 180 ap straight off, the cap gives you 125 which is not close to worth it, you'll need 1-2 legendary AP items before the cap is close to worth it, whereas if you wanted flat AP you'd get deathcap, this makes witchcap counterintuitive if you want AP - you'd do better getting a couple NLRs before you got witchcap, except that would be stupid because they don't build into anything.