Item Preview Its Tuesday

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gmundy

11-13-2012

Okay, Xyph, this is the one thing that's bothering the most about this item. A big problem about Wriggle's pre-nerfs about a year ago was that you were able to basically heal back to full on one wave. The big difference between them is, obviously, the fact that Ravenous Hydra is going to cost ~1600 more than Wriggle's (just a guess; 50 attack dmg > 75 is ~975g + 450 for life steal for total of 1425 and some extra gold tossed in for the passive). However, the cleave, combined with a decent chunk of lifesteal, is, in my head, going to give you the same thing.

What I'm wondering is, what's going to stop people from rushing this item and just winning duels in top because they can sustain to nearly full off of the wave? Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's nearly as strong as old wriggle's, but combined with the Hp regen and a 10s cooldown for 100% splash, I really think this could become a problem. Is there a way to reduce lifesteal's effect on AoE, similar to Spell Vamp, to make it so this isn't an issue? Sorry if this got discussed somewhere in the 58 pages, it's just late and I wanted to be sure it was asked. Thanks

Wshmo

11-13-2012

My question is about how the "Cleave" works with abilities that "Apply on hit effects" that also do something if that hit is a killing blow.

Irelia Bladesurge (Q)
Gangplank Parrrley (Q)
Nasus' Siphoning Strike (Q)

The way they are worded, it seems as though they will not refund mana or cause bonus gold to be gained from enemies slain by the splash when this ability strikes.

I was wondering we could get clarification if these abilities will be able to splash and get their bonuses, not from the original target, but the splash targets?

MadSeer

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wshmo View Post
My question is about how the "Cleave" works with abilities that "Apply on hit effects" that also do something if that hit is a killing blow.

Irelia Bladesurge (Q)
Gangplank Parrrley (Q)
Nasus' Siphoning Strike (Q)

The way they are worded, it seems as though they will not refund mana or cause bonus gold to be gained from enemies slain by the splash when this ability strikes.

I was wondering we could get clarification if these abilities will be able to splash and get their bonuses, not from the original target, but the splash targets?
I imagine it will be like Tristana with old Tiamat: enemies that died from the Tiamat splash damage did not explode as per her passive, only the enemy that she killed directly will explode.

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

11-13-2012
46 of 46 Riot Posts

For people saying this might not be the most helpful thing on AD Casters, think again - when i'm playing Zed, Kha'Zix, Talon, or any of the gang, the thing i'm stacking the most of is Flat AD, making my Total AD round out around 300 (Even more with Zed's Living Shadow passive). Any extra buttons i can press to make that stat more relevant and help me 'kill the men' is one i'd gladly invest in - and the fact that it makes you a lanepushing minion farming machine is just the cherry on top. Definitely look out for this item on anyone that digs melting your face with swords - whether they like basic attacks or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Nope. Words change meanings as people decide what they mean. It's kind of a given.

Meta meta meta, meta meta meta.
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

I Am Tolan

11-14-2012

lol melt face...with zed?

BloodKaqn

11-14-2012

RIP tiamat tuesday

Tetramaster

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodKaqn View Post
RIP tiamat tuesday
Yep, Although it was fun, I'm pretty sure I'm actually going to build tiamat in a serious match now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post

Oh you.

Super Explosion

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
One more line, and that could be "TSM, ETA".

Nightmanflock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodKaqn View Post
RIP tiamat tuesday
The spelling of your names makes me ask, are you the same competative fighting gamer Kaqn, or is your name a shoutout?

Tylendal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Olaf is hard enough to kill already when he starts life-stealing, this is going to make him into a monster.