Anyone get Dragon Tamer Lulu?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Primanocte

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainieDay View Post
It is semantics, but you are right, if at the end of use of the lulu skin he/she feels she has gotten more enjoyment that he/she did for a 975 skin of the same caliber(let us say arcade sona, dinosaur cho, bunny teemo) then no it is not a rip off.

But if she/he didn't then yes, he she payed more than they should have to get an inferior product for more, simply because of an impulse buy.

I for one, think that skin would probably be worth as much as its priced, but changing your pricing system leaves everyone poorer, and im not about to pay another 5 bucks to get that skin when i purposly saved 990 for the next awesome skin to come along:(

Also, i don't understand why you would even raise the price...

I took high school economics and there were those graughs, and at lower prices MORE PEOPLE bought more of the product, generating more profit(sometimes) than higher prices (because less people bought the higher prices stuff) and with digital goods that do not have a production/distribution cost after it is made( meaning you can sell 1 million and it'll cost you the same as selling 1) I don't see why you wouldn't aim more towards an even LOWER price. 975 seems likea good number where it is at. infact probably a perfect number. and legendary skins should probably be around 12 bucks.(1600) not 15~1860
For less popular champs it makes economic sense to raise skin prices so they can make more money on a smaller volume. Also factor in the fact that the devotees of these less played champs are probably more likely to buy the skin at the higher price point. I'd be interested to see the attach rate of skins for certain champs. I bet Lulu players have a high attach rate for skins.

Zatir

11-14-2012

It feels incomplete, in my opinion. Compared to other skins to have come out that are quite impressive (Mecha Kha'Zhix is amazing, I was impressed. Arcade Sona is far superior to this Lulu skin, in my opinion), this doesn't just feel on that level. I mean, new jokes would have been nice or changing the noise the dragons make when you Poly them or even a return animation. But with this skin, it's just making the skills look a /little/ different (The ult isn't really noticeably different, despite it being so. The shield looks great, Glitterlance is pretty, but Whismy on a ally isn't impressive since it looks like Miss Fortune's Strut [I don't mention it on enemies, since it's SUPPOSED to do something]) and adding a little bit to Pix (Which, though the effort is appreciated, is not VERY noticeable).

I love the skin, Riot. I love the idea you guys had so much, it's creative. But I just felt there could have been more when compared to a lot more of the skins recently released to make the price feel more warranted. I did buy it, though, since Lulu is my #1 champion and I never NOT have fun when I play her. I thank you for giving her a new skin, though.

Kelberry

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I know this isn't my area of expertise, but if you found your purchase worth it and enjoy the skin, is it ripping someone off? I'm not sure I get that.
It's not worth 1350RP, I can tell you that.

Redskizzers

11-14-2012

I love that little dragon Pix. Such a sweet skin.

Artisdry

11-14-2012

To the people who did get the skin: I might be missing something here, but what exactly is making this skin worth its 1350 RP price point? If it's particles, then Arcade Sona (as one example) has plenty of awesome particles, yet she's still sold at 975.

Amiithystine

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soiyeruda View Post
First "official" response to DT Lulu's RP price and it's directed at someone trying to act conflicted. And yes, the skin is overpriced for what it offers.
I'm not acted conflicted I am conflicted.

Just not as conflicted as I made it out to be, because writing normally is boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisdry View Post
To the people who did get the skin: I might be missing something here, but what exactly is making this skin worth its 1350 RP price point? If it's particles, then Arcade Sona (as one example) has plenty of awesome particles, yet she's still sold at 975.
That would be the point.

Soiyeruda

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Gummy View Post
I'm not acted conflicted I am conflicted.

Just not as conflicted as I made it out to be, because writing normally is boring.
You bought it for the wrong reason, the splash art and not the actual in-game model, so you screwed up before you even thought of buying it. If you liked the splash art that much, it's very easy to download the image off the internet. >_>

SpreadZer0

11-14-2012

Quote:
It has extra nice particles, and Pix was completely redone into a dragon. The dragon has fully new animated emotes and everything, which makes it worth it I think.

I bought it and I like it a lot.

Nularia

11-14-2012

Quote:
Personal preference, I have Arcade Sona too.

I was also a big fan of the How to Train your Dragon movie.

I also wanted a skin for Lulu, and I didn't personally like the other two.

Dragon Pix is awesome

Turning enemy champions into half-hatched baby dragons is awesome too.

KínseySíx

11-14-2012

I'm a big Lulu fan so I checked out the skin on youtube, and whilst not mind-blowing I thought it was decent skin.

I headed off to the store to buy it - then spotted that it was 1350. I simply couldn't for the life of me figure out why. It's an okay skin, but certainly nowhere near Riot's best work. It's not even on par with more recent 975 skins. I really do not understand.

Needless to say I passed on this particular skin.