From NEGATIVE 18 to 1524 - Elo Super Guide

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Christy x

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

It's funny because I've slowly began to realize many of the things you posted just by playing ranked more and more often. I feel like one of the most important things is to try to stay positive, so many teams just spend the whole game flaming each other when the game is still winnable. I always just think at the end of the game I want a positive score, this leads me in the right direction.

Reviken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2012

Bump

Dropping my ELO as low as possible atm.

Revenge of Gio

05-17-2012

This guy said a lot of things that I was thinking, but just figured it was just me being silly.

Reviken

05-17-2012

bump

Drackid

08-20-2012

Bump
currently 1611 elo ;D

Wrosgar

10-18-2012

bump because this stuff is still true a year later!

Nasuuna

10-18-2012

how did u get -18 lol

Jamochawoke

10-18-2012

MrChunkz what's your advice for dealing with someone who fed and snowballed a Riven in top lane to 10 kills before laning stage is over and you are adc bot. I've had this happen in 3 different games now where the Riven just snowballs out of control buying Bloodthirsters which makes her shielding herself practically unkillable (shield bigger than her health bar). One even got to 740 ad before the game ended.

Should you just give up on bot lane and head top to shut the Riven down? I've tried encouraging the jungler to camp the top lane when I see a Riven top start to snowball and also mid as well but that doesn't go over very well.

Silphire

11-14-2012

The information provided is extremely valuable and informative. gj.

Morello

Lead Designer

11-14-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

I can't +1 this post enough.

You can play League for any reason you choose - but if you do decide you want to play for Ranking or to win, then you need to, for lack of a better term, sack up.

The biggest enemy to improvement is plausible deniability (the mind-tricks you'll play on yourself to rationalize it's not your fault). Taking responsibility for your actions is the first, and maybe most important step to becoming a serious player. If your attitude isn't "how can I get better", then you're doomed to stagnate.

Every game, there's something you could have done better. You. The person reading this. Start there - it makes the rest much easier!