So what's the K/D/A ratio to constitute "Intentional Feeding"?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BillyTheAttorney

11-13-2012

"Intentional Feeding" to me is completely circumstantial. When I'm judging a situation where that is the issue I look at the following.

1) Deaths of player reported vs. deaths on his team - If they're in the same ballpark, everyone was sucking.

2) Deaths of player reported vs. time of game - if you have 20 deaths in a 25 minute game, that means the only time you were not dying to the enemy was when you were already dead and waiting to spawn.

3) Assists of player reported - This is important. Being 2/8/7 is still being productive, because it tells me that someone was participating in team fights, and while having a bad game - he's not feeding intentionally. If the overall kills of the allied team was low, but the "feeder" had an assist in some of them, that's not intentionally feeding.

4) Chat log - If someone is intentionally feeding someone says something about it. If it's really bad, an enemy player will usually say something like "Sorry for your troll (champion)." Enemy team commentary on this usually helps because they're neutral on the subject while the allied team might just be in a rage fest. Also, enemy chat might help excuse someone who's reported. Especially if allied team says "report (champion) for feeding" and then they say "He's not, we were camping him" that also factors into the decision.

5) Relative level and items compared to the rest of the team, and cs if applicable. If everyone on the team is around a lvl 16 at the end of the game and the "intentional feeder" is a few levels around them, it doesn't seem like intentional feeding. However, if someone is rolling around at lvl 8 at 20 minutes with wards and boots in their inventory with 10+ deaths 2 cs and no assists - that certainly helps me make the decision.

So, each person has their own definition of "intentionally feeding." I use a series of factors when I make that determination.

Also, just because someone has been reported for "intentionally feeding" does not mean I do not look for other instances of being a toxic player. If someone went 5/5/10 and was reported for intentionally feeding but spent the whole game just calling his team "noob f****ots" every line of text - I'll still punish,

EDIT: Similar system to the person above me.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Case #4 Only. Cases #1-3 are my fault and easy to fix. Just stop playing after losing streaks no matter how badly I want the 1st Win of the Day. Just need to learn what constitutes a losing streak.

#4 is the one that bugs me, especially since two of the reports were from people who just sat on the fountain while we were about to lose, and many deaths were result of attempts to join allies before getting intercepted.

I refuse to admit to Intentional Feeding, especially when 2 of my kills were stolen by two Feasts. Speaking of which, how come we aren't allowed to see what the category we're reported under even is? The first 3 are obvious, the 4th one I can only come up with is Intentional Feeding or something. It can't be Refusing to Communicate with Team since half of my deaths were attempts to help my team, and it can't be harassment since there was nothing peculiar about all of the purple dialogues.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

I usually look at more then one death every two minutes as intentional, though of course there are other factors - build, chat, teammates' scores.

gnfnrf

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
Case #4 Only. Cases #1-3 are my fault and easy to fix. Just stop playing after losing streaks no matter how badly I want the 1st Win of the Day. Just need to learn what constitutes a losing streak.
Thank you for the card. It helps to illuminate the problem.

There aren't four cases here. There is one case, with four games. The Punish judgment is for the case as a whole, and can be based on all, some, or even one of the included games, depending on the conduct in each.

I'm not sure how your plan would fix the attitude problems in games 1-3, but I won't harp on it, since you clearly see what went wrong there and have a plan to fix it.

So, considering game 4 only, I apply my rubric to decide if I think there is intentional cheating.

More than 1 death per 2 minutes? Not quite, but very close.
No kills? No kills.
Very few assists? Two assists, but only ten total team kills to work with. Two assists is in the middle of the team overall.
Item build? Normal.
Chat? Hmmmm... You suggest throwing the game at 5 minutes. That could mean that you decided to implement a plan to do so.

What I see could very well be intentional feeding, but it could also be a bad game. On this game alone, I wouldn't punish.

On the case as a whole, though... I would punish for game 3 alone.

Ginga

11-13-2012

Normally if the game is obviously lost and isn't Ranked, I usually ask if we want to just throw the game to end it quicker.

If the team agrees we just let the enemy know(what Nunu was telling the enemy to do at the end). If the team disagrees like in this game...I play on like normal. If I wanted to throw the game or feed, my score would be way lower given the time given to do so, and my build would have been considerably less tanky.

Specifically in the 4th game...should I have just sat out once my deaths spiraled out of control? The more I helped, the worst my K/D/A ratio became. Even worse, all of those deaths were either a result of getting turret dived repeatedly by Lee and Panth, trying to save allies, and protecting the base myself after Kog and Nunu sat in the fountain to let it end.

While I don't mind the punishment, I just can't accept the fact that I was reported, and overwhelmingly punished for Intentional Feeding when I was the only 1 of 2 players remaining that continued to defend the base. In a 4v5 game...and 2 of the people who punished sat in the fountain...and I was the only one that got camped under my turret...trying to experiment with a trash champion in her Free Week.

Quote:
I'm not sure how your plan would fix the attitude problems in games
....hoping to identify loss streaks and stop playing for the day. That's the one unifying pattern. atm the best way to detect it is play till I become toxic and then stop.

gnfnrf

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
While I don't mind the punishment, I just can't accept the fact that I was reported, and overwhelmingly punished for Intentional Feeding when I was the only 1 of 2 players remaining that continued to defend the base. In a 4v5 game...and 2 of the people who punished sat in the fountain...and I was the only one that got camped under my turret...trying to experiment with a trash champion in her Free Week.
Right.

What I'm saying is that I don't think that you were punished for intentional feeding. I think you were punished for your conduct in the other games, and the intentional feeding game just came along for the ride.

Of course, I wasn't actually a voter on this case, and when I am a voter, I am sometimes wrong. But that's how I see it.

TheGrayBuffoon

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tswizzle SF View Post
for intentional feeding, I tend to look at the scores of the team as a whole.

For example, lets just say we're looking at a 25 minute game

Reported Player: 2/9/1
Rest of the team:
4/4/1
8/2/3
0/6/8
3/7/11

I'd see that two other people on the team have high deaths as well, and the score isn't that impressive for the team as a whole. Therefore, without any chat evidence or clues from their item build, I would pardon for sure.
Same here. Too often I see several members of a team report one person for feeding but I have lost count of how many of the said reported player's teammates had close to as many deaths if not more.

Tehery

11-13-2012

To me the best thing anyone can do if you see a feeder on your team is ask the other side to also say something in chat about it. The enemy team pointing a finger and yelling feeder holds a lot more water then there own team doing it. If I ever see someone call out " We have a feeder on our team" I will make a point of looking close at that person to see if there fighting or just letting me kill them.
The same is true for AFK if I see someone DC. I know it does not show it on the Tribunal log, so I do what I can to put it in to the log. Anyone reading the log will know when that person DCed with a time stamp.
As for the poster said and did. The one big error I will point out is his remark.
"" wanna just sit in the fountain and see how fast they can beat us? ""
That to me can be taken 2 different ways. If you wish to ask the team to do that rephrase it.
"" How many wish to surrender looks like we have lost? " then add "" Wanna sit ....." You may get reported for being Negative but that depends on what the team said after that. What was said can be taken as you are the one siting on the fountain and telling all that is what you are doing.
The more that is said in the log the more the person judging will have to base there vote on.

Mufasafied

Recruiter

11-14-2012

You know, you would think the guidelines OP is asking for would be provided by riot before they handed their community the keys to get people banned. They don't seem to have a problem with people getting banned due to other random players personal opinions/bias though, so not much surprise from me!

JanusTheMad

11-14-2012

Honestly, in the reports I've seen, 90% of the time someone gets reported for intentional feeding, they either get punished for something else entirely or pardoned. You very, very rarely get the punish button pushed for a feed report unless either 1) It's just painfully obvious (20+ deaths) you're feeding, 2) you admit it ("surrender or I feed!") in chat or 3) you're trolling or raging in chat.

You have to keep in mind that there are a lot of things you can get reported for, but the person reporting you only gets to pick one option. You can be punished for any number of things.