Should in game taunts be removed?

In game taunts removed, players who spam them should be punished 11 4.40%
In game taunts removed, players who spam them should be pardoned 12 4.80%
In game taunts kept, players who spam them should be punished 62 24.80%
In game taunts kept, players who spam them should be pardoned 165 66.00%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

Since the community bans emote spammers, should emotes be removed? (Poll)

1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PlsGoDieThx

Senior Member

11-13-2012

This NEEDS to be addressed by RIOT. There are literally like 5 threads about this very case, hundreds of responses and thousands of views.

We need an official position. Is spamming /laugh or /joke bannable? TELL US RIOT. EASE THE SUSPENSE!!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1697eea10cc58a812a603

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post
The point is that obviously some people think actions are not ok and some are fine.

The point is not to troll, but to point out that there is a wide variety of thought on this topic about what actions are reportable.

If spamming taunt emotes is the fallback to verbal trashtalk for toxic summoners is it banworthy?
kk thx for confirming my question.

stupidity confirmed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mambawarrior0

Senior Member

11-13-2012

How does option 1 work exactly?
They're removed, but people spam them?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mambawarrior0

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantDerp View Post
Not sure if stupid or troll.
Read his name.
"Irrationalnoob"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IrrationalNoob

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambawarrior0 View Post
How does option 1 work exactly?
They're removed, but people spam them?
Retroactive/current cases with making it not possible in the future.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PlsGoDieThx

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Play Singed.

Spam Laugh.

????

Profit.


RIOT: WHY YOU BAN THIS META? MOST OP STRATEGY


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kroníc

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Wow. I can't believe someone actually got banned for using a feature in the game. This is why I no longer spend money on this game. Afraid of being banned for nothing and losing all of my time and money. I've never been warned, and I'm not a dick in games, so I'm sure I'm safe. But shyt like this scares me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vi aND CAiT Sux

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post
You missed the point of the 2nd question. Lets say I have a singed building full ap and we need tankiness. Is it my right to report him for his build choice because I thought we needed more of a tank from him?

There is a large variance between what people think is ok and what is not...basically a grey area.

On one hand, emote taunts are a part of the game. On the other hand if they are used to get under someones skin is it really any different from various forms of trash talking? Some people think GG noobs shows unsportsmanlike conduct. Others think trash talking is a legitimate strategy and way of playing the game.

I am actually not arguing for either point here. I am just pointing out that this is something not everyone will agree on.
Sure you can report him. Your reports mean less over time, however, when they don't agree with the majority. There's not really a grey area at all. You simply feel it should be ok to have fun at another's expense.

I have yet to see a single pro team, in the middle of the match either type, or stand up and just talk **** to the other team non-stop. Funny how they can get to the pinnacle of the game, and not resort to in game trash talk and spam. If you need to rely on trash talk, maybe you should drop it and focus on your own skill and level of play.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThatGoodGuyGreg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post
You missed the point of the 2nd question. Lets say I have a singed building full ap and we need tankiness. Is it my right to report him for his build choice because I thought we needed more of a tank from him?
I didn't miss your point. Your point was completely moronic that I couldn't respond to it seriously. I see no correlation between a Singed playing his character the way he feels is best to win the game for the team as opposed to "SPAMMING EMOTE" because spamming emote will win the game for the team of course.


Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post
There is a large variance between what people think is ok and what is not...basically a grey area.
No there isn't. Use your common sense, There is no grey area. I have over 800+ games and have yet to land in the tribunal. NOT Acting like a dickwad + using common sense is a good combination. Try it, it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post
On one hand, emote taunts are a part of the game. On the other hand if they are used to get under someones skin is it really any different from various forms of trash talking?
You are starting to deviate from the point. That is, spamming in any form is annoying. Spamming emotes is no exception and is no way a form of trash talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post
Some people think GG noobs shows unsportsmanlike conduct. Others think trash talking is a legitimate strategy and way of playing the game.
That's because others have formed their own personal code and obviously do not agree with the Summoner's Code. GG NOOBS violates code #6. Prior to partaking in the tribunal, judges are asked to agree to make judgments based on the summoner's code. Therefore, we are not to judge based on our own personal code. If I were to judge based on my own personal code, I would have pardoned more than half of the cases.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trudbuglar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

I really wish the QQ about this case would go away. At this point, its obvious that GD is just looking for something to whine about.

Here is the bottom line: ANYTHING, and I do mean ANYTHING, that is done repeatedly for the sole purpose of irritating everyone else in the game, even one's on team mates is toxic behavior and banworthy. The fact that emotes are a "feature" of the game is completely irrelevant. You know what else is a feature of the game? Chat.

"OMG RIOT I CANT BELIEVE I GOT BANNED FOR TYPING INSULTS AND OBSCENITIES INTO CHAT WHEN CHAT IS A FEATURE OF THE GAME HURRRRR DUUURRRRRR."

The guy deserved his ban. Period.


1234567 ... 11