Should in game taunts be removed?

In game taunts removed, players who spam them should be punished 11 4.40%
In game taunts removed, players who spam them should be pardoned 12 4.80%
In game taunts kept, players who spam them should be punished 62 24.80%
In game taunts kept, players who spam them should be pardoned 165 66.00%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

Since the community bans emote spammers, should emotes be removed? (Poll)

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThatGoodGuyGreg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

According to this:

Quote:
Summoner's Code IV: Enjoy Yourself, but not at Anyone Else’s Expense

“Short is the joy that guilty pleasure brings.” -Euripides

Making games is our business, so it should come as no surprise that we want you to have a lot of fun. We want you to get excited, to have tension-filled moments, and to celebrate your success. This doesn’t mean that we’re okay with you ruining anybody else’s day.

Remember, taking a jab at your friend in the middle of the game is a lot different than making a glib remark at a complete stranger. Someone who is unfamiliar with what you consider playful may take your comment as an attack and react unfavorably. If two players on a team start fighting, good communication and teamwork become nearly impossible. Once communication breaks down, the likelihood of victory is drastically diminished. It isn’t uncommon for simple, good natured teasing to spiral out of control into a loss, so do yourself a favor and don’t run the risk of sabotaging your own success.
The banned player was asked to stop the spam because they were annoyed by it.

The banned player continued the spam because it satisfies his troll nature and is pleasured by the fact that people are annoyed by it.

This is another one of those trolls trying to find loopholes in the Summoner's Code.

Glad to see tribunal working as intended.

The Sch0nz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Not long until we start getting suspended for voting to suspend players.

TrollMachineV2

11-13-2012

As a perma banned troll, I certainly used this method to annoy the sh*t out of people.

It worked and I found it pleasurable.

IrrationalNoob

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGoodGuyGreg View Post
According to this:

The banned player was asked to stop the spam because they were annoyed by it.

The banned player continued the spam because it satisfies his troll nature and is pleasured by the fact that people are annoyed by it.

This is another one of those trolls trying to find loopholes in the Summoner's Code.

Glad to see tribunal working as intended.

So if I dislike someone killing me for 300gold and I ask them to stop, they should?

If I dislike someone building for dps instead of tankiness and voice my opinion then it is ban worthy?

You have to draw the line somewhere.

I am not condoning the tribunal report card summoner's actions. But if that is the way he finds fun in the game then what is wrong with it?

Rather, I am trying to draw attention to a grey area of tribunal.

ThatGoodGuyGreg

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post
So if I dislike someone killing me for 300gold and I ask them to stop, they should?
The objective of each team in the game is to outplay the other team and win the game. Killing you is part of their objective.

Quote:
If I dislike someone building for dps instead of tankiness and voice my opinion then it is ban worthy?
-Referring back to the objective of the game, this is one of the most popular strategy to tank for your apc and adc in order to win the game, so no it is not ban worthy.

Quote:
Common sense would tell you this, There is a reason why the game is rated 13+, we are not a bunch of 5 year olds that need to be told where the line is drawn. Go out and walk in a store and start laughing out loud for no reason continuously up to 24 hours, see if you don't get yelled at for being annoying. Better yet, walk up to a random stranger and start laughing (i.e spam your emote) in their faces for as long as you can and see what happens.

Quote:
I am not condoning the tribunal report card summoner's actions. But if that is the way he finds fun in the game then what is wrong with it?

Rather, I am trying to draw attention to a grey area of tribunal.
Again, you can have fun but not at anyone else's expense.

Clearly, spamming is annoying, email spams are annoying, spamming chat is annoying,

Can you guess the next one?

That's right, spamming emote is indeed annoying.

Ez0 Wr80

11-13-2012

Sure remove it why not

IS1697eea10cc58a812a603

11-13-2012

Quote:

Not sure if stupid or troll.

AtrumViscus

11-13-2012

"Your skill are inferior."

Doesn't get much better than that.

IrrationalNoob

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGoodGuyGreg View Post
The objective of each team in the game is to outplay the other team and win the game. Killing you is part of their objective.

-Referring back to the objective of the game, this is one of the most popular strategy to tank for your apc and adc in order to win the game, so no it is not ban worthy.

Common sense would tell you this, There is a reason why the game is rated 13+, we are not a bunch of 5 year olds that need to be told where the line is drawn. Go out and walk in a store and start laughing out loud for no reason continuously up to 24 hours, see if you don't get yelled at for being annoying. Better yet, walk up to a random stranger and start laughing (i.e spam your emote) in their faces for as long as you can and see what happens.

Again, you can have fun but not at anyone else's expense.

Clearly, spamming is annoying, email spams are annoying, spamming chat is annoying,

Can you guess the next one?

That's right, spamming emote is indeed annoying.
You missed the point of the 2nd question. Lets say I have a singed building full ap and we need tankiness. Is it my right to report him for his build choice because I thought we needed more of a tank from him?

There is a large variance between what people think is ok and what is not...basically a grey area.

On one hand, emote taunts are a part of the game. On the other hand if they are used to get under someones skin is it really any different from various forms of trash talking? Some people think GG noobs shows unsportsmanlike conduct. Others think trash talking is a legitimate strategy and way of playing the game.

I am actually not arguing for either point here. I am just pointing out that this is something not everyone will agree on.

IrrationalNoob

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantDerp View Post
Not sure if stupid or troll.
The point is that obviously some people think actions are not ok and some are fine.

The point is not to troll, but to point out that there is a wide variety of thought on this topic about what actions are reportable.

If spamming taunt emotes is the fallback to verbal trashtalk for toxic summoners is it banworthy?

123456 ... 11