An in-depth analysis of Zed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mynamewasused

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Ouch, from +4 to +0? 4 downvotes and no negative comments? I tried to keep it as objective as possible, so I'd like to see where there error in my thinking was at least instead of blind downvotes. But oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
I think another pro to Talon is he is straightforward. Zed? Not so much. I have never seen so many people fail at a new champion has I have seen today. I played him in a custom game and I had to sit there and read what the heck his ult even does. He's got an incredibly high skill cap while Talon can be played much easier mid lane if you are experienced with melee mids (Diana or Akali is a good transition into Talon mid. I was able to pick up Diana easily with my experience playing Talon).

Unless you can master Zed, I'd stick with Talon mid lane. Don't screw over your team. He has a high skill cap, maybe the highest in the game. (More than Xerath, who people claim is the hardest champion.)
I tried to adress this by saying he's more demanding to play, but I think this is both a good and bad thing for Zed. It means he's easier to do badly with, and a bad player will just fumble around with him, ult in, and die. However, it also creates a lot of interesting play. I'd like to see some LeBlanc style double juking with the ult and w (so ult, W, do some stuff here and there, bait a skillshot, then port to W, bait another skillshot, port to ult), as well as some nice long range, around the minion harassment with the w/q combo. I'd have to play him more to get a good feel for his potential, but I think I'd like him as is from what I see.

Mynamewasused

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Bump

Hubis Dubis

11-13-2012

Great post btw

LSA

11-13-2012

You still can't really spam with Zed, because you'll run out of energy quickly. A lot quicker than the other champs who use energy.

But anyway great post.

FrostyPuff

11-13-2012

My brain took a nap after reading all of that. Q.Q

matthewtrail

11-13-2012

very good post well done
i like how you consider all the factors and not just the numbers

BlargCow

11-13-2012

Zed's Q damage doesn't stack like that. It goes from 100% to 50% to 25% if 3 hit the same target.

Primanocte

11-13-2012

I think one of the issues with him is time on target. The 1.5 second slow on his E which is only applied by his Shadow doesn't really give him much up time. I might be missing something since he's new and I'm inexperienced with him, but that to me is something I've experienced that might explain why people feel his damage is a little low.

pikachuwei

11-13-2012

bump

Mynamewasused

11-14-2012

Still seeing pretty constant "Lol zed does no damage" comments in every zed thread. So bump.