Remove Free Champions from Draft

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The 4th Triumvir

11-13-2012

I am creating this thread in an effort to appeal to Riot Games.

While playing Normal Draft, I am finding it increasingly difficult to find a game that does not have a FWF (Free Week Feeder) on my team. For some reason, these toxic individuals believe they are entitled to pollute the games of others by playing a champion that they have no familiarity with whatsoever.

In my humble opinion, if one has absolutely no familiarity with a champion, as does often happen every week during the champion rotation, one should not attempt to learn their chosen champion in a competitive PvP environment, especially Draft, which is significantly more competitive that its Blind Normal counterpart. One should first play Co-op vs. AI to form an understanding of how to play. I do this every time I encounter a free champion I am unfamiliar with. After all, one does not play a game without first completing the tutorial, League of Legends included.

Therefore, I wish to plea that Riot Games remove the ability to pick free champions during Normal Draft Solo/Duo Queue. They have done this for Ranked Solo/Duo Queue, so why make it available for Normal Draft? All this does is pollute the gaming environment with toxic individuals who always, without fail, are terrible at their first try and cause their team to lose. Moreover, these individuals often bring out the worst in people, and cause fighting and bickering between both teams, resulting in an even more toxic environment and likely a highly increased number of reports which the Tribunal must go through.

Zippy88

11-13-2012

Just go play ranked if you don't want to play with people experimenting.

Oseoros

11-13-2012

It also prohibits people like me from being able to draft with champions that they do know. I have 9 champions bought (all IP) and 2 free (Trist/Ali). Just hit lvl 20 and started going after runes.

Also, is there a reward for winning non-ranked games that I missed out on hearing about? Or is it just that you don't like feeling that you wasted your time?

RainSilves

11-13-2012

Draft is still a normal game mode. While Co-Op vs AI is nice game mode, even the intermediate bots are bad and if you're anything above 1200 elo, you'll still do bad your first time with a champion in blind or draft.

The 4th Triumvir

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainSilves View Post
Draft is still a normal game mode. While Co-Op vs AI is nice game mode, even the intermediate bots are bad and if you're anything above 1200 elo, you'll still do bad your first time with a champion in blind or draft.
If you understand your champion, your chances of doing poorly decrease by 48%.

futuresight23

11-13-2012

Generally speaking, although you can figure out the basics of a champion going up against AI, you won't truly understand the strengths and weaknesses in your play with that champion without 1st testing against human competition.

Normal games are the place for that practice.

SirSketch

11-13-2012

Play ranked if you want the serious competition. Normals are there for fun and experimenting and the people who take those games TOO seriously ruin the fun for the ones who are just there to play. Just my experience. I que up a normal game to play a fun game. Sure people do dumb things in normals but hey you cant win them all and guess what? Losing a normal game is no biggie.

Dèvi

11-13-2012

As others have posted Ranked is there for competitive play. While normal draft exists to help ease players into how ranked games work, it does not and should not be held to the same standards as ranked games. If you feel that strongly about it then the simple solution is to just go back to playing ranked games.