Riot is anti-competitive

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterfulWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

I don't even smoke weed, and, yes, it is ad hominem.

Maybe you should look up the definition:

ad hominem, is an argument made personally against an opponent, instead of against the opponent's argument

Or maybe you need to learn to read. lol can you not read? I guess ppl that can't read use ad hominem attacks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterfulWizard View Post
I don't even smoke weed, and, yes, it is ad hominem as well as slander.

Maybe you should look up the definition:

ad hominem, is an argument made personally against an opponent, instead of against the opponent's argument

Or maybe you need to learn to read. lol can you not read?
Maybe you should look up the definition, you dumbass. Place it in the context of logic, because it is a logical fallacy.

An example of an ad hominem is the following argument, either explicit or implied: You are wrong because you are stupid.

This is not an ad hominem: You are stupid. [Argument follows, which is entirely detachable and independent from the previous personal attack.]

When determining whether something is an ad hominem, remove the insult and consider whether there is still an argument. If so, it is not an ad hominem, because no logical fallacy exists. However, if the insult is part of the argument, it is an ad hominem because the logical argument cannot stand on its own absent the insult.

Do you understand this, you dumb fuck? (notice how this question is detachable and irrelevant to the above argument. It is therefore, not an ad hominem because the insult has no bearing or relation to my overall argument--I'm just being an ass. I have committed no logical fallacy.).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterfulWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Attacking an opponent instead of their argument is ad hominem. Is that few enough words for you to comprehend? Shall I attempt to say it in a fewer amount of words?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterfulWizard View Post
Attacking an opponent instead of their argument is ad hominem. Is that few enough words for you to comprehend? Shall I attempt to say it in a fewer amount of words?
Explain to me how attacking someone personally bears on logic in a logical argument, you stupid ass dumb fuck


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Hes attacking both you and your argument concurrently.
'You're wrong and you're stupid' is not the same thing as 'you're wrong because you're stupid'.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterfulWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
Explain to me how attacking someone personally bears on logic in a logical argument, you stupid ass dumb fuck
And there you go again with your ad hominem attacks. Maybe if you were intellectual you'd be capable of arguing without attacking someone. I'm sorry that I made you so upset about your lack of knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchandKiss View Post
Hes attacking both you and your argument concurrently.
'You're wrong and you're stupid' is not the same thing as 'you're wrong because you're stupid'.
No, it's the same thing. Ask a debate moderator.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterfulWizard View Post
And there you go again with your ad hominem attacks. Maybe if you were intellectual you'd be capable of arguing without attacking someone. I'm sorry that I made you so upset about your lack of knowledge.



No, it's the same thing. Ask a debate moderator.
Maybe if you knew anything, you would understand that an ad hominem is a logical fallacy, you stupid ass dumb fuck. KEY WORD: LOGIC. LOGIC.

L.
O.
G.
I.
C.

LOGIC, DUMB FUCK

God, I cannot believe people today are this fucking stupid. Is your IQ like 5?

I'll lay it out for you again:

being a jerk (i.e, name-calling) is separate and distinct from committing the logical fallacy of ad hominem.

Do you understand this, you stupid knuckledragging neanderthal?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exoctane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
Maybe you should look up the definition, you dumbass. Place it in the context of logic, because it is a logical fallacy.

An example of an ad hominem is the following argument, either explicit or implied: You are wrong because you are stupid.

This is not an ad hominem: You are stupid. [Argument follows, which is entirely detachable and independent from the previous personal attack.]

When determining whether something is an ad hominem, remove the insult and consider whether there is still an argument. If so, it is not an ad hominem, because no logical fallacy exists. However, if the insult is part of the argument, it is an ad hominem because the logical argument cannot stand on its own absent the insult.

Do you understand this, you dumb fuck? (notice how this question is detachable and irrelevant to the above argument. It is therefore, not an ad hominem because the insult has no bearing or relation to my overall argument--I'm just being an ass. I have committed no logical fallacy.).
+10 respect points for you... I like you <3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterfulWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Ad hominem is attacking the opponent instead of the argument. I don't know why you can't read. You should sue all of the teachers that never taught you how to read.

And you're making this community look like a bunch of childish anti-intellectuals. Reconfirming the bias that everyone already has against this lame game. Typical man child. I should make a youtube video showcasing your ignorance and the general League of Legends community behavior.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterfulWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoctane View Post
+10 respect points for you... I like you <3
Yes, respect the man child. I also respect toddlers that have temper tantrums such as the one Dabogoo is displaying.


1234567 ... 8