Item Preview Its Tuesday

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mambawarrior0

11-13-2012

This looks like it will be amazing on Jungle Yi.

Primanocte

11-13-2012

I'm still waiting on the items that will solve the AD Caster itemization issues and late game effectiveness problems.

IonDragonX

11-13-2012

What's it built from?

Why isn't the Tiamat the upgrade of the Hydra instead of the other way around?

Engaging Apathy

11-13-2012

If you get a ravenous hydra and a tiamat will the passives stack like most unique passives or only happen once still?

chumbler

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Tiamat has an internal proc limiter against different targets of 0.05 seconds - so Shyvana's Dragon form isn't going to Tiamat Proc 6 billion times any more and we might be able to add AoE on-hit abilities now. :P
You have spared me disappointment by allowing for aoe on-hits.

PS Can you please tell the balance team to make Shyvana's scaling not so bizarre? Like give her W an AP ratio or something at least. Makes no damn sense for a champion to do almost entirely magic damage while having an armor debuff and two spells (one of which deals magic damage) that scale with AD, and it results in no items really feeling good on her in terms of making her scale.

pikachuwei

11-13-2012

I just realised this item on Zed allows him to instantly get max stacks on BC

Ult > Active + 1x Auto attack + 3x Shuriken (one from W and R clones) = instant 5 stacks for 30% armour shred waiting for your Ult mark to detonate afterwards

<3

PallasAthens

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Warwick's ultimate will apply the new BC. It'll still do magic though. We have so few cases on magic on-hit effects that it's cleaner for the BC tooltip to read 'dealing physical damage.' New BC is basically on-hit + on-physical.

(Yes, that does mean JIV applies two stacks of the new BC with his passive.)

AE range is much larger than the old Tiamat - but you run into damage falloff there.

Basically, around old Tiamat range you get 60% damage. 100 units past old Tiamat range, you get 40% damage and 200 units past old Tiamat range, you get 20% damage.

The Active Cleave is even larger than the passive cleave - and gets to about 400 units.

I believe so - based on how Nasus' Q is hooked up. We might need to revisit this in the future but for now, let's see how it goes.
Hooray Nasus buff!

murlocmancer

11-13-2012

I like it, right now I am thinking OP but ohwell I don't have any clue on balancing items and such...

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-13-2012
8 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
How strong is it if Jayce activates his Max Attack Speed thing and goes into Cannon Mode, allowing him to Hammer a person 3 times rapidly?
If you're in cannon mode, you're ranged. No Tiamat procs for you.

Quote:
What's it built from?

Why isn't the Tiamat the upgrade of the Hydra instead of the other way around?
Tiamat is currently double regen items + long sword + pickaxe - but we've been pondering whether it should be a Health + AD item rather than a HP Regen + AD item and seeing what would be better.

Quote:
If you get a ravenous hydra and a tiamat will the passives stack like most unique passives or only happen once still?
Nope - note that their unique passives are both named 'Cleave' - this is part of our new tooltip terminology to basically state that if you have a unique passive named Cleave, you don't benefit from any other unique passives named Cleave.

Quote:
you say it doesnt work with range, but will it work with parrrley?
Although Parley is a ranged spell, Gangplank himself is Melee, so Parley will trigger Tiamat.

Zombiemaster

11-13-2012

OMG! This looks so amazing!