@Lyte, I'd enjoy the game more if your standards for behavior were relaxed a bit.

1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alexandra Avdey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurecat View Post
I'm not trying to excuse behavior like arguing with a teammate all game long.

I'm saying Lyte and Riot in general need to tone down their standards of good behavior just a bit. Not all the way. There are some real true bona fide jerks that play this game.

But there is a LOT of collateral damage going on in Tribunal right now. Good people getting reported and punished for tiny offenses, to the point where I am literally afraid to type in chat during games because the slightest mistake will get you "punished" if you get reported.

I'm tired of this culture of paranoia and punishment. Just tone it down some, that's all I ask.
You see, good sir, I assure you that, being reported 25+ times more than the norm, one is not collateral damage. Lyte & company are aiming for 'em jackasses with deadly intent.

Retsopmi

11-13-2012

Quote:
I'm not trying to excuse behavior like arguing with a teammate all game long.

I'm saying Lyte and Riot in general need to tone down their standards of good behavior just a bit. Not all the way. There are some real true bona fide jerks that play this game.

But there is a LOT of collateral damage going on in Tribunal right now. Good people getting reported and punished for tiny offenses, to the point where I am literally afraid to type in chat during games because the slightest mistake will get you "punished" if you get reported.

I'm tired of this culture of paranoia and punishment. Just tone it down some, that's all I ask.
Why would you be afraid. I've never, and I mean never, seen someone get punished for being nice in a game. The only people who get punished are the over the line people and some of the people who walk the line. The reality is there is NO reason to even walk the line. Be nice, have fun. There is NO reason at all to be a dick.

Show me one case of someone being nice that got a ban. Not passive aggressive but actually nice. It never happens. Lots of trolls try and act nice, but constantly poke passive aggressively at their teammates. Yea they deserve the ban. You can play competitively and nicely. If people can't do that, then they shouldn't get to play.

Futurecat

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikero View Post
The community is who is setting the bar, not Riot.
I might buy this if the majority of people who play League of Legends did Tribunal cases every day.

But they don't.

The ones who do, and who post on the Tribunal forums with any regularity etc, are the ones who *love* the culture of toxicity and "punish" spamming. The zealots, in other words.

I'm kinda arguing that the actual majority doesn't feel this way. The actual majority is OK with being expected to have a slightly thicker skin. I'd like Riot to hear our voice, for once.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

I want some standards of decency, but at the end of the day not at the cost of being able to play the game without walking on eggshells.

The summoner's code is so ambiguous that any dispute during a competitive match is a reportable offense. Let's face it that during a 5v5 game where you are dependent on teammates for winning/losing disputes will happen.

It seems like there's two extremes. People get reported/banned for spamming emotes or saying 1-2 'negative' things to a teammate who was the one who started ****. Or you have the guy's making swastikas wiht wards in games they lose go unchecked. There hasn't been a middle ground and frankly either or are equally hazardous to the game's experience.

2pudge1cup

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikero View Post
Not once the ball is in session. Players who pull **** like that while the ball is in play get yanked off the court real quick for being useless.
Do you really believe that?

Players run that league. If a Lebron or Wade or Howard or any of the others are going to whine to a ref while the ball's in transition they aren't getting pulled. If they get pulled they get their coaches fired. The coach will call a time out and ask them politely to stfu, but at the end of the day if a player doesn't like a coach, they get fired.

Grann Brigitte

11-13-2012

To be honest, I cannot pretend to always be a fun person to play with. I hold myself and my team to a very high standard of play, and more often than not this will result in me making hurtful comments towards my team member(s). I do not go on long, expletive filled rants, I rarely curse during these, and I try not to fail to include in some way what the issue is (as opposed to just ''U SUCK YOU N00B'', the gold standard in inter-team rage). I try to make it entertaining, for myself as well as others. I do not want to hurt my teamate, but I do wish for them to be suitably ashamed of ruining the game for other people. If someone apologizes, I will always leave them alone.

For example, I was losing a game because my teamates refused to group on me, currently a fed AP mid. At some point, I shouted at them ''Please just orbit me like a bunch of ****ty moons''. This was pre-tribunal, fortunately, as at this point something so light as mocking someone's cowardice by calling them a woman is punishable. As far as I am concerned, if gender slurs are punishable in a videogame, we have started down a very slippery slope.

I think I have problems checking my carry privilege, tbh. I should have realized how triggering I am being to feeders by asking them not to feed- they can't help it of course, they were born that way. He didn't /earn/ the right to tell them how to better play the game, just because I am not ruining the game for the rest of my team. But somehow, I can never get over my preposterous entitlement, and I cannot respect enough the difficulties of the 0-10-0 teemo who has been yelling in txt spk for several minutes in all chat about his n00b team making him feed.

#endcarryprivilege #teemoplayersarepeopletoo #sarcasm

Futurecat

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
I want some standards of decency, but at the end of the day not at the cost of being able to play the game without walking on eggshells.
This, exactly this. By all means, ban the extreme cases. Stop being so obsessively concerned with minor infractions.

Taikero

11-13-2012

Quote:
I might buy this if the majority of people who play League of Legends did Tribunal cases every day.

But they don't.

The ones who do, and who post on the Tribunal forums with any regularity etc, are the ones who *love* the culture of toxicity and "punish" spamming. The zealots, in other words.

I'm kinda arguing that the actual majority doesn't feel this way. The actual majority is OK with being expected to have a slightly thicker skin. I'd like Riot to hear our voice, for once.
I'm one of those supposed zealots and I actually pardoned some cases today....and yesterday....and the day before. If you're truly not a negative influence in your games, I won't vote to punish. Believe it or not, I'm also one of the more harsh judges in the Tribunal. The majority of the judges pardon significantly more often than I do.

I'm there because I want positive players in my games. I've had enough of negative people who don't understand that having fun with a team means treating your team with respect.

Mxie

11-13-2012

Quote:
Oh really?

Care to review the reform card I linked earlier in the thread? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5901680/#nogo

That is 100% me being baited by trolls, and it somehow not only got reported & landed in the tribunal, it got "punished" too.

I am not the only one. This is happening to a LOT of good people, and we are being drowned out by the noisy minority of "punish" spammers who enjoy the culture of toxicity.
You have to have consistently bad behavior before you end up in the tribunal. Getting baited by trolls every 15th game or whatever will never land you in the tribunal. Even then, you would most likely get a warning as your first punishment. If you get banned after that, the problem is not the trolls.

Yoruichi

11-13-2012

[QUOTE=Retsopmi;31370521]Why would you be afraid. I've never, and I mean never, seen someone get punished for being nice in a game. The only people who get punished are the over the line people and some of the people who walk the line. The reality is there is NO reason to even walk the line. Be nice, have fun. There is NO reason at all to be a dick.

Show me one case of someone being nice that got a ban. Not passive aggressive but actually nice. It never happens. Lots of trolls try and act nice, but constantly poke passive aggressively at their teammates. Yea they deserve the ban. You can play competitively and nicely. If people can't do that, then they shouldn't get to play.[/QUOTE]

Bolded this and now I ask. Why aren't you trying to get Froggen and 9/10th's of the professional players banned? They constantly **** talk each other. Riot wants to push this game onto the world as an e-sport? Ribbing, back and forth, and flat out **** talk to get into your opponents head happens in a ton of sports.

1234567 ... 12