@Lyte, I'd enjoy the game more if your standards for behavior were relaxed a bit.

123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gòdlikè

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurecat View Post
The thing is, people like *that* should absolutely be banned, no question.

But consider in your story if you had said something like "Ryze, don't be a jerk, I need the golems for xp". If you got reported, you'd get *lots* of "punish" votes for that.

This whole "toxicity" thing is starting to feel more and more like a witch hunt.
That's kind of my point though. Cursing, harassing or even sarcasm can set people off. It's all about how you say things rather than what you say.

Cursing I find is not a problem. I curse to oblivion on league and in skype, but not to anyone in particular. The real culprit is when people curse to another in a negative fashion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
You don't see basketball players stopping in the middle of the court to discuss the validity of the last referee call in the middle of the game while the clock is running. You can give your teammates the same courtesy in League.
have you ever watched the nba? it's a cryfest up and down the court over everything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mxie

Senior Member

11-13-2012

The fact that you (or me, or anyone) can shrug off insults because they are ultimately meaningless doesn't change the fact that insulting someone is rude. Riot doesn't like rude people in their game, and I don't blame them.

I would be willing to bet that in almost all cases, people that report others for verbal abuse are not reporting because they had their feelings hurt, but because they would rather play with people that have some common decency.

Edit: Also, being baited by trolls every once in a while will not land you in the tribunal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Futurecat

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikero View Post
If you sit there arguing with another teammate, you two having your little argument is disenfranchising 8 other people from having a competitive game.

Focus on the game and then if you two want to duke it out in the post-game lobby, fine. Just don't start a pissy little argument while the rest of us are trying to win.

This is why I punish those who can't deflect an argument, because there is a time and place for a good debate (and I love debates), but in the middle of a competitive game is not the right time.

You don't see basketball players stopping in the middle of the court to discuss the validity of the last referee call in the middle of the game while the clock is running. You can give your teammates the same courtesy in League.
I'm not trying to excuse behavior like arguing with a teammate all game long.

I'm saying Lyte and Riot in general need to tone down their standards of good behavior just a bit. Not all the way. There are some real true bona fide jerks that play this game.

But there is a LOT of collateral damage going on in Tribunal right now. Good people getting reported and punished for tiny offenses, to the point where I am literally afraid to type in chat during games because the slightest mistake will get you "punished" if you get reported.

I'm tired of this culture of paranoia and punishment. Just tone it down some, that's all I ask.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taikero

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
have you ever watched the nba? it's a cryfest up and down the court over everything.
Not once the ball is in session. Players who pull **** like that while the ball is in play get yanked off the court real quick for being useless.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlienSexRanger

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Personally I'd rather a system that just gave the individual player the ability to pest bad players they deal with. If you have a rude or harassing teammate you have no choice but to finish the game anyway. We already have a mute, just give a pest so we don't get matched with them ever again. If they get banned they will just create a new account and screw off again. Most screw offs know this and prepare by creating seperate accounts they use specifically for harassing/intentionally feeding anyway.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainAMorgan

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurecat View Post
I'm tired of this culture of paranoia and punishment. Just tone it down some, that's all I ask.
I hope to leave this country soon.

It's a freaking mess. The whole culture is totally whack. People are dumber than EVER.

Anyways, I sure hope they do lighten up. Right now the zealotry is a little too zealous for mine or my friends taste (hell, even my wife thinks so and she has played maybe 10 times).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dat Asian Gurl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikero View Post
If you sit there arguing with another teammate, you two having your little argument is disenfranchising 8 other people from having a competitive game.

Focus on the game and then if you two want to duke it out in the post-game lobby, fine. Just don't start a pissy little argument while the rest of us are trying to win.

This is why I punish those who can't deflect an argument, because there is a time and place for a good debate (and I love debates), but in the middle of a competitive game is not the right time.

You don't see basketball players stopping in the middle of the court to discuss the validity of the last referee call in the middle of the game while the clock is running. You can give your teammates the same courtesy in League.
This this this this THIS.

Oh. My. GOD.

I've had so many people start arguments while in a group, or three people get in an argument (even four) and then I tell them to STFU and play because they're not PLAYING, they're ARGUING. "You know what you could be doing while you argue like little kids? Looking at your map, CSing, paying attention to objectives, working as a team, or something MORE PRODUCTIVE THAN YOUR *****ING AT EACH OTHER."

It just frustrates me to no end when we're winning, two or three teammates get into an argument, and the loss of focus ends up losing us our advantage and, usually, the game.

Absurd.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Futurecat

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxie View Post
Edit: Also, being baited by trolls every once in a while will not land you in the tribunal.
Oh really?

Care to review the reform card I linked earlier in the thread? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5901680/#nogo

That is 100% me being baited by trolls, and it somehow not only got reported & landed in the tribunal, it got "punished" too.

I am not the only one. This is happening to a LOT of good people, and we are being drowned out by the noisy minority of "punish" spammers who enjoy the culture of toxicity.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taikero

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurecat View Post
I'm not trying to excuse behavior like arguing with a teammate all game long.

I'm saying Lyte and Riot in general need to tone down their standards of good behavior just a bit. Not all the way. There are some real true bona fide jerks that play this game.

But there is a LOT of collateral damage going on in Tribunal right now. Good people getting reported and punished for tiny offenses, to the point where I am literally afraid to type in chat during games because the slightest mistake will get you "punished" if you get reported.

I'm tired of this culture of paranoia and punishment. Just tone it down some, that's all I ask.
The community is who is setting the bar, not Riot. We are judging the behavior, and quite frankly, we want positive people in our games, not negative ones. I can't tell you how nice it is when I get into a game and people are having fun, laughing, and actually being helpful when mistakes are made.

I'm open to learning if I screw something up, but I'm going to get really ticked if I make a mistake and someone starts reaming me over and over for it the rest of the game.

As long as you're not attacking other players and you're actively playing the game to win, you're good and the Tribunal won't affect you at all. Bonus points if you actually try to help the less skilled players out (I'm one of the few people out there currently running a blue "Helpful" ribbon because I don't just leave people in the dark).


123456 ... 12