Any Elise improvement in todays patch?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xxvaderxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Will give her another shot, but quite honest i dont think that 2% damage on nukes and an extra say 30 magic damage on auto attack will do much difference.

Krosan

11-13-2012

I was already having some success to begin with. She was squishy and tricky to play, but her damage was through the roof.

Elise hurts.

Vencu

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxvaderxx View Post
1- This is champion feedback and power level related so this is the appropriate forum.
2- No sticky on the Announcements forums means its difficult to track, latest patch notes should be stickied.
3- This was obviously not meant as a "yeah she got X", but as a "yeah she got X" "cool how does she fare". You know something humans used to have before twitter and the 256 letters standard, a "conversation/discussion".
1) you asked if she got buffed, technically you are correct to put it in this forum, but you are also lazy to not just read the fking patch notes
2) how about when you start up the game where it says END OF SEASON 2 PATCH NOTES on the launcher, or when you are actually having the full client open where it gives 3 of the latest things, and guess what one of them is? END OF SEASON 2 PATCH NOTES
3) your question was asked in a way that seemed like "i didn't read the patch notes, did she get a buff?" not "so i know she got a buff but is there any noticeable improvement in her play?"

Emperor Z19

11-13-2012

50% increase on almost all of her AP ratios seems pretty substantial to me. I'm hoping it makes her more viable, because before it was more advantageous to just build AD for her attack speed boost.

Ecclesian

11-13-2012

People who say Elise suck are simply Elise fails. Someday, my son, you will know what Elise win feels like and on that day you will recant your previous ignorance.

Elise is crazy good. I rocked with her before the buff and rock even harder with her now.

I always tell people this... You gota think like a spider and kill the isolated prey that is stuck in a bad position and or isn't aware that you are there.

Too many people play her the same way you'd play Olaf or Jax which is SOOO dumb. Play her aggro and you will hella fail. You gota play her care and sneaky like.

Elise (arguably) has the best poke in the game. Jayce's poke is the only poke that comes close to matching Elise's, Those bomb spiders are like seedlings on roids.

When I play Elise, I regularly got multi-kills even before the buff. I have played her in MANY games since she came out using all kinds of builds and in every game mode and I know for a fact that she most certainly doesn't suck. In fact, I would even argue that she is one of the best champs in the whole game. You just gota match her style, cuz leme tell ya, she ain't guna match yours...

She is the pickiest champ and requires perfect ability combo execution and positioning. Furthermore, it took me forever to find the right way to build her too as her build is very picky as well.

Elise can 1v1 champs very easily once you learn how to play her and can eat up champs during team fights once you learn how to mega leap properly.

Ansaa

11-13-2012

She was never as bad as people were saying. People try her, fail, and instantly call her weak. She was only a little UP.

Now, after getting more buffs, she is soo much better. If anyone calls her UP now then its probably due to their skill level, and how they build her.

Despite what some guides say, stop getting W to 5 first. Get Q, all the players that I spectate do it, and they usually win that way.

steamrollolol

11-13-2012

the OP has a legitimate question. the previous AP gain for her abilities and spiders was gimp. I haven't tested AP yet this patch so I was hoping someone might have input on that.

Elise is hard to play, bruisers love to charge her and she's so vulnerable to CC. You really need a certain finesse to win.

I've been starting my games with items that build sustain and CDR, but i'm going to test malady again it might be worth it now.

raidenking1

11-13-2012

people seem to overrate the whole 50% in dmg its based on hp percentages meaning the "50%" is going to get dampened. it would be much nicer if it was flat dmg. the whole e thing is like quality of life work tht makes it more usable. and the auto scaling is still meh, its really dependent on her spider w which even with the 140% as doesnt feel tht strong

Lil122j

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecclesian View Post
People who say Elise suck are simply Elise fails. Someday, my son, you will know what Elise win feels like and on that day you will recant your previous ignorance.

Elise is crazy good. I rocked with her before the buff and rock even harder with her now.

I always tell people this... You gota think like a spider and kill the isolated prey that is stuck in a bad position and or isn't aware that you are there.

Too many people play her the same way you'd play Olaf or Jax which is SOOO dumb. Play her aggro and you will hella fail. You gota play her care and sneaky like.

Elise (arguably) has the best poke in the game. Jayce's poke is the only poke that comes close to matching Elise's, Those bomb spiders are like seedlings on roids.

When I play Elise, I regularly got multi-kills even before the buff. I have played her in MANY games since she came out using all kinds of builds and in every game mode and I know for a fact that she most certainly doesn't suck. In fact, I would even argue that she is one of the best champs in the whole game. You just gota match her style, cuz leme tell ya, she ain't guna match yours...

She is the pickiest champ and requires perfect ability combo execution and positioning. Furthermore, it took me forever to find the right way to build her too as her build is very picky as well.
I don't think Elise is as bad as people say, but this player's idiocy should not change your opinion on Elise.
"Kill Isolated prey that is stuck in a bad position or isn't aware that you are there."
Most champs will get free kills in this situation, even Elise.
Basically any assassin fills this position and does it better (while still being of more use to teamfights) and pretty much any non-support champ will succeed going after "isolated prey that is stuck in a bad position".

If you are hitting players easily with the spider bombs, you most likely are playing against people who haven't laned against Elise or are just dumb.
"pickiest champ and requires perfect ability combo execution and positioning."
Again, most champs do actually require things such as this. The better a player does it, the better they do in game...

xxvaderxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

The sole fact that an advertised assassin is regarded by many (to no say most) as only playable as a tank / bruiser, should be a flashing red warning light regarding the current state of the just released toon.