We ain't done here Riot.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deathpanelof1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

So the new TT is a good start but It is far from complete. The old TT had one fundamental problem. It was to stable. The new TT has the opposite problem it is too volatile. Riot thought if the shoved everyone in this cramped little map with alters it would be a fun and dynamic map.They were half right. Riot made a more volatile game by removing two important elements namely laning and jungling. If Riots idea of a fun game is a game without complexity then there next game should be Chutes and Snakes. The problem is when you start the game you have a fifty-fifty chance of winning. After the first 210 seconds someone's chances have fallen to thirty percent or less.
There are three ways to remedy this one is put back in a top jungle, two is stretch the map out longer, and three is two is to add a third alter in the middle. Lengthening the map will help create an honest to goodness laning phase. A top jungle will create partial jungler role. Now teams will have to make choices again. Instead of just creating bruisers with mobility and damage new roles will be viable again. A team will have to learn to win the alter battle, the laning battle, and the jungle battle. Take old unkillable Q farming Nasus a staple of my TT play. Now he is nonviable because there is no opportunity to Q farm but in my version he will back. The third alter will mean someone will always have the upper hand on alters which will ensure volatility. The game should start with the two side alters being unlocked a 60, minions spawning at 130, and, the middle alter spawning at 200. Then someone can choose between doubling down on alters or abandoning it and clearing the jungle. I included a rude MS paint drawing of my new map idea.

Rumination

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathpanelof1 View Post
So the new TT is a good start but It is far from complete. The old TT had one fundamental problem. It was to stable. The new TT has the opposite problem it is too volatile. Riot thought if the shoved everyone in this cramped little map with alters it would be a fun and dynamic map.They were half right. Riot made a more volatile game by removing two important elements namely laning and jungling. If Riots idea of a fun game is a game without complexity then there next game should be Chutes and Snakes. The problem is when you start the game you have a fifty-fifty chance of winning. After the first 210 seconds someone's chances have fallen to thirty percent or less.
There are three ways to remedy this one is put back in a top jungle, two is stretch the map out longer, and three is two is to add a third alter in the middle. Lengthening the map will help create an honest to goodness laning phase. A top jungle will create partial jungler role. Now teams will have to make choices again. Instead of just creating bruisers with mobility and damage new roles will be viable again. A team will have to learn to win the alter battle, the laning battle, and the jungle battle. Take old unkillable Q farming Nasus a staple of my TT play. Now he is nonviable because there is no opportunity to Q farm but in my version he will back.
Thirty percent or less? No kidding...you did the statistical analysis on that did you? Dude, get off the forums before you get laughed off.

deathpanelof1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumination View Post
Thirty percent or less? No kidding...you did the statistical analysis on that did you? Dude, get off the forums before you get laughed off.
This is a forum not an academic journal so the understanding that this my opinion is inferred.

V A L A N V

11-13-2012

hmm

Mavrik V

11-13-2012

Any idea that decreases lane length (and likely game length) is a win in my book.

I Nullity I

11-13-2012

This isn't voting to decrease the lane length or the game length. It's voting to increase both. Also the way I see it, it's a good thing that just farming all game isn't a viable option anymore. The new TT appears to be geared towards constant champion on champion action (What Crystal Scar was supposed to be) with farming minions as just something in the background. Laning and Jungling is for 5v5, straight up combat is for 3v3.

Also I find it hard to take this request seriously since you mentioned that the reason you want this change is so you can get your "unkillable Q farming Nasus" to be viable.

deathpanelof1

11-13-2012

I am not doing this for Nasus my W/L has gone up in the new TT it is just that it seems so simple that every game is rinse and repeat. Having different phases and roles adds differentiation to the game. Without differentiation League is not very fun.

I Nullity I

11-13-2012

Quote:
I am not doing this for Nasus my W/L has gone up in the new TT it is just that it seems so simple that every game is rinse and repeat. Having different phases and roles adds differentiation to the game. Without differentiation League is not very fun.
The issue with roles in TT isn't the lack of viable farming; It's the lack of having enough teammates to CC/focus down the incredibly tanky bruisers. As for the phases; If we had a laning phase and exceptionably farmable jungle then there wouldn't be a lot to differentiate 3v3 gameplay from 5v5 gameplay.

Exqzr

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumination View Post

Statistically his argument can not be proven. By Observation I suggest he is correct.

after 3k games on the old TT I've stopped playing 3s altogether. Can't give you any statistical reason why but I sure can tell you it just kinda sucks.

I still love RIOT though. Would love em more if they did the right thing and brought back the classic.

Redenbacher

11-14-2012

Quote:
If Riots idea of a fun game is a game without complexity then there next game should be Chutes and Snakes.
This is about where I stopped reading.

1) Laning and Jungling are still roles in the new TT, albeit the time for which you do them is shorter.
2) Laning/Jungling != Complexity. There is far more to this game than creep score.

I will agree that the current jungle layout could be better, primarily to encourage invading.