30 minute penalty for dodging during champ selection? That is ****ing stupid.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lemurmoudy

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpAceWaffLeS View Post
Well you wasted 9 people's time.

Including their Q time + champ select time.

If all that total was like 3 minutes per person... you deserved 30 minutes at least.

__

Also, yes there is that rare occasion where your game crashes and you dodge, or there is a massive, obvious troll on your team.

But that dodge penalty also does not have an ELO loss. Imagine if it was like a 5 minute wait. I would dodge every single time I felt my team was weaker during champ select.

Now imagine that x9.. now imagine never, ever getting into a game.
how the hell is that wasting somone elses time? if your first pick says "im feeding, i dont like our last pick".. how is that his fault?

god you people are stupid,

SplendidSorrow

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Squeak View Post
I understand that I wasted 9 people's time, and I accept that I should face some punishment for that. But the queue right now is less than a minute, and maybe a couple minutes wasted during selection. I'm alright with the old 5 minute penalty, or even 10 minutes because I dodged a ranked game. But 30 minutes not being able to play even an unranked game is not a fair punishment.
You are after all the one who -CHOSE- to get the penalty instead of playing the game.
You -CHOSE- not to be able to report that 'troll' yourself.

But its not fair because you -CHOSE- to take the penalty instead of possibly loosing the game and being able to 'report' the troll so action could possibly be taken against them?

I'm not sure I follow your logic at all....

d3sden0va

11-13-2012

Fine, instead of a dodge timer you lose 14 elo for dodging. Happy now?

Ti 84 Plus

11-13-2012

just sounds like he played chicken and you lost

SoulxPrayer

11-13-2012

i just think we need to do something about trolls

MasterYiismybf

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicBot View Post
I don't think the penalty should be removed, nor should it last over 10-15 minutes
You can argue that dodging wastes some peoples' time, but how is it fair to get stuck with a troll and be forced to play out that unpleasant game?
You're not being forced to play out an unpleasant game, you can dodge if you like.

You just have to wait 30 minutes for it.

Go make some food, clean your room, or mindlessly read memebase for all anyone cares, but I'd rather have the option to dodge a troll and not play for 30 minutes, rather than dodge a troll and just straight up lose elo as it was with the old system.

I Am Squeak

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidSorrow View Post
You are after all the one who -CHOSE- to get the penalty instead of playing the game.
You -CHOSE- not to be able to report that 'troll' yourself.

But its not fair because you -CHOSE- to take the penalty instead of possibly loosing the game and being able to 'report' the troll so action could possibly be taken against them?

I'm not sure I follow your logic at all....
So your solution is to just continue with a game where you know you are either just down a player, or even worse if that player intentionally feeds? Then the entire teams takes the loss and elo hit. Why? Just so we get the chance to report him after the whole team gets punished?

I'm just suggesting that the half hour penalty is too much. I accept a punishment, but a half an hour is not reasonable.

William Brasky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

I was 1384 going into my first ranked game and dodge and it now reads 1284 but it also says im 1/0 in ranked. is there a elo loss now?

Deejilator

11-13-2012

I don't play ranked so I have no personal experience but from an outside perspective I think the best reason given for the 30 min wait is that if it was lower then people would dodge whenever they got counter picked, which is a big aspect of the draft system. So yes it sucks that you have to wait 30 min because of a troll but just think how hard it would be to actually have a game if the wait time was so low that everyone dodged when they got a bad matchup. And while you're thinking about that go play solitaire or watch a youtube video, or something, you'll be back in game before you know it.

I Am Squeak

11-13-2012

Yea fortunately I am still allow to go into custom games, so I played an ARAM. I still think it should be reduced to like 10-15 minutes though.