Is this really punishable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brohoof

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbitlauncher View Post
OMG GUYS! I found a statistical outlier/anomaly and this MUST prove that the system is completely and totally broken!

Because this person got a warning, my permanent ban must be wrong too!

Wait... non-sequitur. What?

You mean... statistical significance is generally measured to 95% meaning 5% of cases could be outside the predicted outcome? BLASPHEMY!

^--The intent of this thread.

Shame on the people who clicked punish. Hopefully Riot will take a look, AND address the smurfing issue in general. Shame on YOU (OP and anyone riding the bandwagon) for using someone else's misfortune for your own ulterior motives.
Actually, I haven't been warned or banned. I couldn't even participate in Tribunal if that was the case.

Hobbitlauncher

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohoof View Post
Actually, I haven't been warned or banned. I couldn't even participate in Tribunal if that was the case.
No worries, I had to check my post right after I clicked submit. It has been fixed =)

Blutarsky Blues

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbitlauncher View Post
OMG GUYS! I found a statistical outlier/anomaly and this MUST prove that the system is completely and totally broken!

Because this person got a warning, my permanent ban must be wrong too!

Wait... non-sequitur. What?

You mean... statistical significance is generally measured to 95% meaning 5% of cases could be outside the predicted outcome? BLASPHEMY!

^--The intent of many posters in this thread.

Shame on the people who clicked punish. Hopefully Riot will take a look, AND address the smurfing issue in general. Shame on YOU (Anyone twisting the OP's words) for using someone else's misfortune for your own ulterior motives.

EDIT: Clarified, sorry Brohoof, meant the others trying to turn this into a DOWN WITH TRIBUNAL thread.
I have never been banned or warned and even if this is one case in a large number it is enough to worry me. I have spent time and money on my account and it is under threat of being warned or banned do to a system where a toxic community is given power.

Brohoof

11-13-2012

All good, just hope Riot sees this :P

Barioth

11-13-2012

ohhh i remember this
i pardoned too, and if you just plain read chat you would see he is innocent
but community, oh well
tribunal working as intended

Hobbitlauncher

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutarsky Blues View Post
I have never been banned or warned and even if this is one case in a large number it is enough to worry me. I have spent time and money on my account and it is under threat of being warned or banned do to a system where a toxic community is given power.
Nothing wrong with being concerned.

I'm concerned about false imprisonment in the American judicial system too. Doesn't mean we should do away with the adversarial process though! =)

Demigoodnes

11-13-2012

Pardon

LSA

11-13-2012

I would ban everyone in those games besides Ashe. Everybody was being rude except for her. What the hell is wrong with this community?

Delta Sniper

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohoof View Post
I voted to pardon this player, but almost no one agreed with me.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5927909/#nogo

I see no trolling, the only thing wrong is that Ashe literally didn't speak in the first game. In the other games she would listen to her team's advice and apologize for positioning screw ups.

So the only thing she could be punished for is for building AP Ashe. This doesn't appear to be ranked, judging by the chat. So is building AP Ashe really punishable now?

EDIT:

So now it is clear. Ashe is a level 1-5 player that is being bullied and reported by smurfs. When the case reaches the Tribunal, it is voted on by level 20's and up that all assume she knew better. Should this player really have a Tribunal mark against her for that? She was apologetic, listened to her team, and honestly I think I'd enjoy playing with a player like that. If this person sticks with us, we will have another well mannered player in our population. It just doesn't seem right for this to stand.

If you notice in the first game she has flash which requires at least lvl 12 i believe to get it. There for we know she is at least lvl 12 so the 1-5 thing is a smurt and she might actually be trolling but her getting ap leads me to believe she is a noob and not feeding.

Unfortunate Frog

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drukai View Post
Absolutely. The third game, the Morgana even mentions that they're around levels 5-10, there is ZERO reason that a player in 5-10s should EVER be banned for poor play.
Yeah, this is terrible. Riot please fix this.