Is this really punishable?

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

I would love a Rioter to come in and explain this case away.

SP3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drukyul View Post
I wish I could see Elo...I'd punish if it were anywhere near 1200 or above.
Hope you realize new people start at 1200 elo

Brohoof

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpAceWaffLeS View Post
this tribunal case REALLY pisses me off.

I mean you have a new player, playing the tutorial champion, not knowing wtf to do.

You get 9 people raging at her, AND SHE GETS FUKIN PUNISHED, and sent a warning..

I would uninstall and never look back. Seriously.
No need for such reactions. Now that we know for sure that this person is innocent, all we have to do is bring it to Riot's attention. As someone said before, all systems have flaws, and it's our job to point them out so they can be fixed.

nivex30

11-13-2012

Would punish for troll build and lack of communication.

EDIT: After reading again, I'd pardon. I didn't realize she was new. I don't report new players, I try and help them. It seems as if she was learning and adapting with her build.

Mistakes happen.

Tyrinus0561

11-13-2012

Lyte, this case shows that Summoner Level would be very helpful in making judgement. I'd be a little more inclined to punish if she was Summoner level 30. Although seeing the chat log, I'd probably still pardon as it seems to be a newbie player and tried to cooperate. (Buying the BF Sword after being told to.)

Nores

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones View Post
Sounds like she just started playing the game. Hopefully this doesn't ruin it for her.
You think? I would uninstall right away if it was my first game:

Janna [00:24:58] troll ashe
Annie [00:25:22] ASHE MAKE BUILD AD
Annie [00:25:23] NOOOB
Annie [00:25:25] FCK U ASHE
Annie [00:25:27] RETARDED

And ashe is the one punished here! Man when I started in s1 i had no clue about item builds whatsoever. I build random **** (and didnt even know what ad or ap is) - just build whatever looked cool. I guess I was lucky i was playing with other noobs and there was no tribunal back then

Brohoof

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyrox View Post
Well, that's fair I suppose. I did point out that she didn't say anything during her first game. Though it's possible she didn't know how to chat just yet.

Shadowy1

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyrox View Post
Notice they are around summoner level 5-10. At that point many people don't know what is going on in LoL. I think a lot of the problems in this case could be fixed by having a more useful tutorial for new players and potentially restricting PvP at low levels so people aren't immediately thrown to the wolves.

Hobbitlauncher

11-13-2012

OMG GUYS! I found a statistical outlier/anomaly and this MUST prove that the system is completely and totally broken!

Because this person got a warning, my permanent ban must be wrong too!

Wait... non-sequitur. What?

You mean... statistical significance is generally measured to 95% meaning 5% of cases could be outside the predicted outcome? BLASPHEMY!

^--The intent of many posters in this thread.

Shame on the people who clicked punish. Hopefully Riot will take a look, AND address the smurfing issue in general. Shame on YOU (Anyone twisting the OP's words) for using someone else's misfortune for your own ulterior motives.

EDIT: Clarified, sorry Brohoof, meant the others trying to turn this into a DOWN WITH TRIBUNAL thread.

Drukai

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrinus0561 View Post
Lyte, this case shows that Summoner Level would be very helpful in making judgement. I'd be a little more inclined to punish if she was Summoner level 30. Although seeing the chat log, I'd probably still pardon as it seems to be a newbie player and tried to cooperate. (Buying the BF Sword after being told to.)
Absolutely. The third game, the Morgana even mentions that they're around levels 5-10, there is ZERO reason that a player in 5-10s should EVER be banned for poor play.

12345678 ... 9