Re-open the thread saying banned for emotes!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best BeatwiferNA

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinto View Post
Riot isn't banning people, that's on you. You want justice then go do the tribunal. Simple as that. It really makes me mad when people complain that "Riot banned me" and stuff. Because it's mostly up to the community not Riot.
riot has the final say in anything. this thread is an example of "the community" that you speak of, standing up against something we find wrong. i use we, because this is a widespread feeling.

most people go into the tribunal, and spam punish. thats a fact. that needs to be stopped. the "community" can not stop that. only riot can stop that. i've done my time in the tribunal, as have many other people, and done it fairly. the problem lays in people like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqBk0FuYNY0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xfon...hannel&list=UL

Elsaliss

11-13-2012

I played an aram once where I started spamming the laugh emote...Then 3 other teammates played along and started spamming laugh too. Even an enemy player spammed laugh with us. We did it for a good while until my only teammates that didn't spam laugh said, "stop plz its annoying".

So you know what we did? Spam laugh more. Do we deserve to get banned for just having fun in aram?

tempnameA461

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilia View Post
I mean, if he's been reported from 6 games, by many people, it means then that the dude's annoying as hell.
Ohai.
My name's Shaco, Ezreal, Rengar, Shen, TF, [a good] Syndra, Amumu, Blitzcrank.....Try banning all of us for being annoying...

CaptainAMorgan

11-13-2012

Quote:
Honestly, if you're asked to stop, and you keep being a tard, then i'd report the dude for sure. Even if it was only spamming a character's emoticons. I mean, if he's been reported from 6 games, by many people, it means then that the dude's annoying as hell.
So you can get banned for something that RIOT allows you to do, as well as being something another person can stop if they really wanted to?

I don't report people for chat, unless they make very crude remarks or are very toxic to others on my team. I just mute people and report for poor attitude, intentional feed, and AFK.

ARAM has one of these each game...

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghrope View Post
So that means flat out ban them? Right. I guess people should now be banned for excessive killing, to the point where the enemies beg them to stop and the allies complain about being ksed the whole game.

Hey, I wouldn't have clicked Punish based on those reports alone, certainly not if it meant a ban, but considering how the OP of that thread reacted to posts by shifting the blame, creating a conspiracy of players out to get him, and being way too hostile for someone who had done nothing wrong, I doubt that was his first trip to Tribunal.

Ultimately, though, this, as always, is on Riot's head. If they had a team of people making sure that these questionable bans didn't go through, we could avoid this mess. They decided to go with crowd-sourced justice, though, despite its history of never working anywhere ever.

Krimson62

11-13-2012

Quote:
Honestly, if you're asked to stop, and you keep being a tard, then i'd report the dude for sure. Even if it was only spamming a character's emoticons. I mean, if he's been reported from 6 games, by many people, it means then that the dude's annoying as hell.

In 3 of the 4 games he was not asked to stop

in one of the 4 games people said nothing after the start of the game.

Character taunts are SUPPOSED to taunt and annoy enemies. Same in any fighting game if you have ever played one

VMan7

11-13-2012

Quote:
"Please stop killing me, I want to win."

Proceeds to kill him, wins the game, he loses the game.

So what you're saying is that it's ok to report people who beat you in games?

Krimson62

11-13-2012

edited OP for clarity

ddaimyo

11-13-2012

You cannot be banned for a first offense so he's been warned before and kept doing it. Also, why shouldnt someone be banned for emotes? Just because it's an in-game system means it shouldnt be bannable? Any form of harassment, whether it's spamming emotes, pings, or chat is bannable.

LSA

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaimyo View Post
You cannot be banned for a first offense so he's been warned before and kept doing it. Also, why shouldnt someone be banned for emotes? Just because it's an in-game system means it shouldnt be bannable? Any form of harassment, whether it's spamming emotes, pings, or chat is bannable.
Honestly, if you get so butthurt simply over somebody spamming emotes then I think you should be the one who should get banned. If you can't handle that, then I can't imagine how badly you handle an actual troll.