Elo Boosting - Not punished at all apparently.

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omegafilter

11-13-2012

Kades always on the case

ChocoGranule

11-13-2012

How about buying/taking a team who already qualified for diamond/platinum? it doesn't count as ELO boosting? if only the highest elo counts for getting the badge.. any idiots (sorry i mean not qualified ranked person) could get diamond/platinum, he only have to play 5 win game no matter how much he's losing.. because i saw someone whose not even have an ELO @solo ranked but he get diamond border because he had team ranked diamond.. when i check the MH of the team i think he's taking/buying/ask his friend to boost his ELO, i checked he just play 5 winning games with lots of losing.. the current ranked team fall drastically from the highest.. but he still get the diamond.. I think this is a serious flaw in your system.. not to mention that's not fairfor honest ELO chaser..

It's not that i'm jealous or something, i'm not even LV.30 yet just questioning how will Riot will handle this matter..

Jester of Sirius

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigsfoot View Post
Id hate to be your friend
Someone like him has no friends, not really; for him -- it seems -- "friend" is just a label for someone that we might call an "acquaintance". If I see my friends cheating, I don't rat them out just because they didn't bring me in on it. I might say something to my friends if they commented on their performance, but I would not go to the public with it.

And it was K

11-13-2012

Kades, I like you, man. Please tell me this isn't just PR, and that Riot is actually going to take action against people like Hafu. Or at least come clean about not caring about it, since she has connections in Riot.

Militant GDI

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester of Sirius View Post
Someone like him has no friends, not really; for him -- it seems -- "friend" is just a label for someone that we might call an "acquaintance". If I see my friends cheating, I don't rat them out just because they didn't bring me in on it. I might say something to my friends if they commented on their performance, but I would not go to the public with it.
or maybe he means people on his lol friends list, who aren't necessarily friends..?

Tempestphile

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
Kades, I like you, man. Please tell me this isn't just PR, and that Riot is actually going to take action against people like Hafu. Or at least come clean about not caring about it, since she has connections in Riot.
Sorry, irrelevant

But I saw your name and i bet Hafu ate a lot of oranges

ChocoGranule

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoGranule View Post
How about buying/taking a team who already qualified for diamond/platinum? it doesn't count as ELO boosting? if only the highest elo counts for getting the badge.. any idiots (sorry i mean not qualified ranked person) could get diamond/platinum, he only have to play 5 win game no matter how much he's losing.. because i saw someone whose not even have an ELO @solo ranked but he get diamond border because he had team ranked diamond.. when i check the MH of the team i think he's taking/buying/ask his friend to boost his ELO, i checked he just play 5 winning games with lots of losing.. the current ranked team fall drastically from the highest.. but he still get the diamond.. I think this is a serious flaw in your system.. not to mention that's not fairfor honest ELO chaser..

It's not that i'm jealous or something, i'm not even LV.30 yet just questioning how will Riot will handle this matter..
Atleast i know how to get Diamond badge for season 3 if this allowed

ILoveMaddisonV

11-13-2012

I was at 1100 at the start of the season and I shot up to 1630 on my own >_> Seeing the rewards made me realize I should stop being bad and get gold?

PostulioHD

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
Nope- I don't want a misunderstanding floating around. Playing someone else's account- honestly for any reason- is against the Summoner's Code and is subject to disciplinary action.
Even if your friend suddenly has to leave his computer for whatever reason, and you take over so as not to let his 4 teammates have their game ruined? I have to imagine this would be a rare case, but it seems more in the spirit of the Code than against it--especially if you and your friend are at about the same level of skill.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

11-13-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

A few things I want to say about this:

1. As Kades mentioned, just because someone shot up in Elo at the end of the season doesn't necessarily mean that they were Elo boosted (for instance, look at my Elo graph before the reset: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/2625).

2. We have not finished the full sweep of Elo boosters as of yet. We will be removing rewards retroactively from players that we identify.

3. Even once we do finish that analysis, there will inevitably be some number of players that we didn't catch. This is because we take these sorts of punishments very seriously, and we have to absolutely sure before we pull the trigger. It's better to have a few people slip through the cracks than to ban and strip rewards from innocent players.

And for anyone saying we don't care about Elo boosting, that's simply not true. The integrity of ranked play (and the matchmaker) is very important to us.

12345678 ... 9