Elo Boosting - Not punished at all apparently.

First Riot Post
123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kthnxbai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-13-2012

sorry to break it to you but Riot doesn't really care the least bit about boosting

Stormblind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXe Nuke View Post
I'm pretty sure you don't want riot to start perma banning based off some guys speculations. Without proof like the wins logging in from a different IP address than the losses they shouldn't take any action.
Agree'd, hence me telling them to LOOK at the log in's. Both friends are from out of North America, should be pretty open/shut.

BloodxLust

11-13-2012

Guardsman Bob was boosting Morello, though their excuse is Guardsman's internet went out, so he was playing at Morello's. The correct way of going about it would have been to play NORMAL matches, not ranked.

TL DR: Riot doesn't give a sh!t about elo boosting. Do it up, son.

And it was K

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXe Nuke View Post
I'm pretty sure you don't want riot to start perma banning based off some guys speculations. Without proof like the wins logging in from a different IP address than the losses they shouldn't take any action. A lot of streamers have already gotten in trouble. See AL RobertxLee
They CAN check it, though. They've already proven they're capable. That, and there's a huge thread with plenty of evidence that clearly shows Hafu elo boosting.

They only did the initial wave and the RobertxLee ban for PR. They really don't give a **** about elo boosting. Especially when they're friends with the booster.

Great Pyrenees

11-13-2012

In this litigious society Riot has to be careful how they deal with situations. Legally perhaps they cannot enforce this rule. Just play to have fun and things will eventually work out!

LawlerBrawler

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestphile View Post
people elo boost, RIOT protects them

see streamer Sam

and Hafu
Pretty sure I saw a thread where Vesh explained that Sam got hacked multiple times by a fraudulent boosting service, and that's why he's implicated.

Vesh seemed very confident that Sam had not actually boosted

Tempestphile

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees View Post
In this litigious society Riot has to be careful how they deal with situations. Legally perhaps they cannot enforce this rule. Just play to have fun and things will eventually work out!
Read ToS, i am 99% sure that you do not own anything in your account

You are paying for a service to rent skins and champs etc. permanently, but these remains property of RIOT

Best BeatwiferNA

11-13-2012

lets give the tribunal authority over that too.

that way we can be assured that 100% of everybody reported for elo boosting will be punished.

Tenmar

11-13-2012

Fun Fact: Most people who got to diamond attained it through networking. You don't have to be good at the game to actually get the best rewards. Morello is going to pretty much be the poster boy that you don't have to actually be good at the game to win the best rewards possible. Skill is not as big of a factor when it comes to this game.

Kades

Associate QA Analyst - Gameplay

11-13-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Nope- I don't want a misunderstanding floating around. Playing someone else's account- honestly for any reason- is against the Summoner's Code and is subject to disciplinary action.

Hopping into Duo-Que with someone who is higher ranked than you does not fall under this.

The punishment/bans for this are not my department, so I can't speak to this directly, but I also didn't want a culture of misinformation to inspire people to do something that could potentially get your account banned.

Also, to the OP, "shooting up" in Elo at the end of the season is definitely not an open-and-shut case of Elo boosting. Lots of players will only play their best champions at the end of the season or will make a concerted effort to 'play nice with others' due to the upcoming award. This group tendency to prioritize teamwork over desired role will definitely result in a bump in Elo- especially in the 1200-1500 range you're discussing. So it's possible there was no "Elo boosting" involved- only players 'buckling down' to get their highest Elo's.

But to be 100% clear, using a service or hiring someone else to play your account (whether to boost your rating or not) is not ok and is a bannable offense.

123456 ... 9