[Solo Q Secrets #001] Surrendering Wins Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leninon

11-13-2012

Hello

I have read and scanned all the pages. Surrender seems to be misunderstood.

Surrender = Instant Loss

If your goal is to have an enjoyable experience, then wouldn't surrender be on the last option for days of doom and gloom.

Never Surrender:Avoid:
Explaination:

1. [Dodge]--------[indecisive] matches (avoid ~/< 5 a day-- based on tribunal pragmatics and rules)

a. In champ select if all the red flags to [decisive] loss, even teammates declaring deliberate forcing a surrender.

b. 4trollsReroll - in champ select the unanimous declaring of trolling

c. Random team in select declares/assigns you roles/tasks beyond your capabilities.

d. When it appears you will be the beast of burden with fussy/cruel slave drivers.

e. When it appears you must SoloCarry the team without team support or improvise. ( play at your own risk)

F. When most of the team wants to campaign an early zerg rush victory ( just one fragile push) without counter arguments and alternate plans. Usually a few declare they must "leave soon so win fast or dc/ long-afk". (play at your own risk)

Just think of it as voting or rallying supporters (tribunal pragmatics aside). If you are solocarry with all your mates [camping] all the way at base, move to a new push/campaign and try to include them. Avoid solocarring in this game as much as possible as these tend to get a lot of negative feedback from both sides, ime. (tho i hav solocarried a few trolled games, the amount of campaign/desire/interest/cause opponents just simply report harshly despite the amazing win with 4 declared trolls)

hav fun

leninon

Ynette

11-13-2012

Uhm, you never know what could happen. I've personally experienced major turn arounds.
The enemy team was winning, it was clear, they had way more kills, they took down way more turrets and then kabam! we picked ourselves up, grouped up, and won the game, and we got 50% more IP than a usual win because of the mega turn around.
Another game, we both got each other's inhibitors down, and they were owning us, their teamfights would own ours, but they made a rookie mistake and while they were killing the remains of our base and while we were all dead, suddenly, their nexus died and we were like.. what? Guess what... the MINIONS killed it! LOL!
I'm just saying, you're all in for "having fun" no? So why not lose with grace, and have fun while you're at it. You never know.

ryzeonline

11-13-2012

Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate the feedback.

I love that this thread generates so much controversy.

"no - never surrender ever ever ever, that is the real way to play and have fun."
"yes - there are always times to let things go and surrender, thats the real way to play and have fun."

Awesome

I wanna be clear, I don't care what you do, I know that my graceful surrender experiment is working well for me so far, and I'd love to hear RESULTS from y'all .

JadothBloodreign

11-13-2012

I personally don't get why people would want to drag out a losing game until the end. It's kind of rude to waste someone else's time, wouldn't you think? If it's clear that you're fighting a losing battle, just surrender.

Also, from my experience, turnarounds rarely (if ever) happen. It's not worth wasting another half hour in the hopes of one.

ryzeonline

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leninon View Post
Hello

I have read and scanned all the pages. Surrender seems to be misunderstood.

Surrender = Instant Loss
Hi Leninon, thanks for the feedback!

Are you sure you read and scanned (and understood) the pages?

Possibly I wasn't clear...

Surrender = FRESH START.

Would you say that there's a time and place for Fresh Starts?

ryzeonline

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynette View Post
Uhm, you never know what could happen. I've personally experienced major turn arounds.
The enemy team was winning, it was clear, they had way more kills, they took down way more turrets and then kabam! we picked ourselves up, grouped up, and won the game, and we got 50% more IP than a usual win because of the mega turn around.
Another game, we both got each other's inhibitors down, and they were owning us, their teamfights would own ours, but they made a rookie mistake and while they were killing the remains of our base and while we were all dead, suddenly, their nexus died and we were like.. what? Guess what... the MINIONS killed it! LOL!
I'm just saying, you're all in for "having fun" no? So why not lose with grace, and have fun while you're at it. You never know.
Thanks Ynette!

And I am talking about losing with grace.

"Losing with grace" means doing like many of the Asian teams do,
  • admitting a superior opponent
  • admitting that your teams skills and morale are NOT going to make massive quantum leaps in the next 15minutes
  • admitting that you need more practice
  • admitting that you dont WANT a victory where your opponent gets super sloppy and throws away a win they have in the bag.

Surrender can be "giving up" or it can be a "fresh start".

MY EXPERIMENT is to figure out which is which, as always, really, do what works for you

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSentient View Post
Okay, I allow/concede whatever corrections Pogo has made to my "factual inaccuracies".
Why is the original post still factually wrong?

I'm not even telling you that I went and looked up the win-rates of the three players you cited. I'm telling you that there's a logical contradiction in your post.

A player can't simultaneously have a win rate over 50% and a lose rate over 50%, but you make this claim in your original post.

ryzeonline

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Why is the original post still factually wrong?

I'm not even telling you that I went and looked up the win-rates of the three players you cited. I'm telling you that there's a logical contradiction in your post.

A player can't simultaneously have a win rate over 50% and a lose rate over 50%, but you make this claim in your original post.
Yeah, I got it dude, totally embraced it above.

Ladies and gentlemen of the world, there exists a factual contradiction in my original post!

I'd edit it if Pogo wasn't using one of the worst approaches I've seen to constructive criticism

As always, thanks for the bump and interest, man.

Incubes

11-26-2012

Bump this thread

I enjoyed the read and overall agrees with the OP pov. However, I think pogo's interaction with op is more interesting than op.

when the author is challenged, he goes so defensive... This is constructive criticism lol. Stop being a baby and becoming so sensitive about it

Learn to accept different opinions... Just because he pointed something wrong in your thread does not mean he is your enemy. Kids...

Aside from that hilarious demonstration, gj overall.

ryzeonline

11-27-2012

Thanks for the bump, Incubes!

I totally appreciate it

And yes... you're totally right, in my 33+ years of life and positivity coaching "acceptance of others opinions" and "being defensive" are my biggest character flaws, lol!
If only I were better at those :P

<grin>

Keep rockin' dude.