Champion Spotlight: Zed, the Master of Shadows

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CloakedClaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

he actually seems a bit UP, other than his awesome mobility...

Inxy

11-12-2012

woooo

Evolutions End

11-12-2012

dat w too stronk. i think he will be fine as a bruiseer. and i think he has a better escaping tool then kha zix

spicygochu

11-12-2012

inb4 lord zed skin.

Shadow Master

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakedClaw View Post
he actually seems a bit UP, other than his awesome mobility...
That's an oxymoron. Mobility is the single most OP thing a champ can have in LoL.

RepulsiveHobo

11-12-2012

Strong pimping of the new items.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Rager View Post
Hopefully bruiser building works better for zed then it does for kha'zix
Frankly I hope not. I'd rather Riot find a way to let assassins build how they're supposed to so they fill the role they're intended to fill instead of allowing them to limp along as a bruiser build. The problem inherent with assassins is that if they're capable of doing their job without having to make concessions to their item choices (ie: they're allowed to build damage with minimal survivability outside of GA), they get targeted for nerfs because these champions are designed to jump on the face of their target, blow them up, and hopefully get out alive. This kind of playstyle is, by and large, "un fun" to most people (I'm not one of these people -- stealth and nuke characters were always my favorites).

If they find a way to let Assassins build their intended items without ruining them or the game in the process, then I'll be much happier. The last thing we need to see is another pseudo-assassin like Irelia or Rengar, who were given the kind of kit that allows them to not only assassinate whoever they please, but continue to stick around in the fight as moderately tanky bruisers.

Darque Lilly

11-12-2012

Zed Spotlight is op...

fredostrike

11-12-2012

finally not an op champion on realease lol bye bye adc . New era adc have to rush ga to live more than 3 sec

ForeverLaxx

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligan View Post
That's an oxymoron. Mobility is the single most OP thing a champ can have in LoL.
It doesn't matter how mobile you are if you can't do anything with it, and honestly his mobility isn't exceptionally spectacular anyway. You spend most of your time using your one shadow for burst damage or safe harassment, and the cooldown on it is pretty long, especially if you max it last. While his ultimate produces a second shadow that behaves the same as your normal one, it's always placed behind the target of your ultimate and that isn't usually a good place to try to jump to unless the target was so out of position that his team isn't anywhere near him while he tries to run away.

EDIT: more downvotes because I know what I'm talking about. Have any of you even played him on the PBE or anything?