Please buy wards...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Porterfield

11-12-2012

Is it just me, or does nobody buy wards these days? I main support and whenever I do play support it feels like I'm the only one buying wards and giving the team vision.... there have been way too many times where we'd be losing until I warded to give vision... when I don't play support, no one wards except me, so I lose a ton of gold so I end up not being able to give the team the presence needed from a tank/adc/apc... Why do people not want to ward? Is it 'cause they don't know how? Or is it because they don't see the point? OR is it because they can't farm as efficiently as they want? I know that playing any role involving farming can be difficult when you're not used to last hitting (I run into that problem a ton since I'm not really used to last hitting since I play support like 90% of all games)... tell me why no wards?!

KnightxSScarlett

11-12-2012

Tell your team that if you're the only one consistently warding that you'll stop warding.

IceCreamSammich

11-12-2012

I feel the same way. It seems 'expected' for the support to be the sole warder. If i remember correctly...everyone in the Pro teams buys at least 2 wards every time they back. Every guide out there shows wards as a 'must buy' for everyone.

rajo101

11-12-2012

Are you talking about ranked or normals? In my normals, warding is actually not bad. Not great, but pretty good. The support is expected to provide most of the wards (which is usually me), but at least 1 other player gets a few.

EDIT: Actually, I can pretty reliably count on the enemy warding as well, which is why I sometimes rush oracles.

Ascelyn

11-12-2012

This'll all change. With a new item that's coming.

It's called 'Sightstone'. It'll give +125 health and it'll give you four stacks to begin with. These four stacks are used as a 'ghost' ward. And every time you go to the shop the stacks refresh. Basically what this does is people get free wards everytime they go to the base.

You can find more at a website. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it so I won't. Just google 'surrender@20'.

The Bushmaster

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascelyn View Post
this'll all change. With a new item that's coming.

It's called 'sightstone'. It'll give +125 health and it'll give you four stacks to begin with. These four stacks are used as a 'ghost' ward. And every time you go to the shop the stacks refresh. Basically what this does is people get free wards everytime they go to the base.

you can find more at a website. I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post it so i won't. Just google 'surrender@20'.
ooooooooooohhhhhhh

TalkDirty2MeSona

11-13-2012

As much as people beg for and demand change, people are afraid of change. It will never matter how cheap or accessible wards are, the majority of people still wont buy them and stick with the "its the supports job" mentality. Do I like that fact? No, but I accepted it a long time ago. This, coming from a guy who mains the support role.