FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MedievalMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtemist View Post
Champions who make use of not just the AP boost or the AS boost from Surge individually but synergistically:

Akali
Chogath
Corki
Mundo
Elise
Evelynn
Ezreal
Fizz
GP
Hecarim
Jax
Kassadin
Kayle
Kennen
Kogmaw
Lulu
Yi
Nasus
Nidalee
Nunu
Poppy
Rumble
Shen
Sion
Skarner
Taric
Teemo
Tristana
Tryndamere, surprisingly enough
TF
Twitch
HURRDYR
Varus
Volibear
Warwick
Xin Zhao
Yorrick

Now i know some of these are a little contentious, like Yorrik, Rumble, Yi, Mundo Ez or GP (there are probs others) , but all of these can use Surge to great effect and in a way that is different to Ignite and provides a different form of utility that is unmatched and unrelated to the heal debuff and true damage on Ignite. plz respond.
Surely you jest half of the champs stated never build AP and don't need it. Many of the champs don't need either stat why make such a big invalid post.

Chill 2 Side

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coat Hanger View Post
Barrier is gonna shut karthus down. Shame. I bought his skin too.
Its ok bro, before you ult activate power surge for a sure kil.... o wait never mind

Red Komodo

11-12-2012

I like these changes especailly since i hated heal baits. But when will Zed be release with the new skins for dairus. (I only care about the Dairus skin) I jut dont understand why there not on the patch notes for the release. I know there is a lot already but maybe it could be eased out so were not just waiting for a month of patches to load. Just saying. I kinda stoppped playing just to be ready for the new changes to see that they still arent here yet. But patience is a virture

figur It Out

11-12-2012

my only concern is barrier becoming over powered in the fact that all members of the team use it in a "round robin" sense to completely stall a push all together! that would make barrier be one of those spells thats a must, so flash or ignite go away all together

thus making the game more of a "defend turret, then ace" strategy.

Kari Arisu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetsandpiper View Post
I would believe you if you somehow wouldn't be doing more physical damage when you play akali then magic. Seriously? How do you play akali and do that much more physical then magic damage? Do you not understand how to play her? And surge is bad, check the math on it. The ap you are getting from her late game is mostly mitigated from magic resist, especially since you apparently don't build magic pen on akali and rush gunblade? The attack speed is wasted also. Even with akali ignites damage almost outclasses surge even if you would be getting in auto attacks and it also reduces healing. And akali is not an aoe burst champion. Having one aoe doesn't mean your entire play style is aoe.
Where the hell are you finding physical damage in this?
Akali scales on AP. Surge gives large amounts of it, and some Attack Speed which is "okay" considering her passive and good for early game.

Again, Surge fills a completely different role than Ignite, stop assuming the goal is to kill 1 person.

Running Surge on Akali almost guarantees that I will snowball.

Ornerok

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theartemist View Post
champions who make use of not just the ap boost or the as boost from surge individually but synergistically:

Chogath
elise
fizz
kayle
teemo

now i know some of these are a little contentious, like yorrik, rumble, yi, mundo ez or gp (there are probs others) , but all of these can use surge to great effect and in a way that is different to ignite and provides a different form of utility that is unmatched and unrelated to the heal debuff and true damage on ignite. Plz respond.
ftfy

Jimmie Rustled

11-12-2012

how about some items like "Reduce mana costs of your abilities by 15%"
????

maybe masteries or runes?

kushmoke

11-12-2012

i like surge on jax but ill live i guess otherwise looks good riot

PrideHunter Pred

11-12-2012

Why did they remove Surge? I Enjoyed my life like Mecha-cho, or shyv..

amoenotep

11-12-2012

one thing i'm seeing on the new mastery rework is the "reduce the damage towers do". i'm guessing this will be about 5-10 damage and not big of a deal, but towers are already not that big of a deal.

armor+health and any of the tank class champs can stand under it for a real long time with no worries. towers are pretty much a joke when it comes to mid/late game. all they really do is keep you from winning in 10 minutes.