FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Hammerlock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-12-2012

You guys are doing really great work, keep it up.

Crest Toothpaste

11-12-2012

nobody uses surge lol
but how will it be combined with ignite?

Redeemed In Fire

11-12-2012

With the loss of flat minion damage reduction masteries, how are characters like Fizz and Orianna holding up? It was effective to take the flat damage reduction so Orianna could stomach auto harassing and Fizz could ignore minion waves like he needed to (as taking more than the most minimal damage from a creep wave makes it really hard for him to trade with anyone).

Bucky McGilicuty

11-12-2012

Honestly it doesn't matter how many items they add or how many times they rework the masteries, as long as websites like solomid.net exist there will always be "ideal builds" for champions that will be inflexible and unshifting.

That's just the nature of how DoTAs work.

DopeNu

11-12-2012

when is our refund credits going to come back?

Gilzam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

I remember the term "playstyle" being thrown around a lot when I first started... I feel like it's rather misused. Yes, different playstyles will cause someone to pick Cass, Brand and Anivia over Ahri, Diana and TF. However, if it's a mirror match (I know this won't happen in ranked) then the difference in "playstyle" just comes down to game experience e.g. last hitting, landing skill shots, etc.

My point is from one character to another, there are slight differences in the same class of champion... but it's all rather stale... I know we're talking about masteries and not items... but same idea. Kind of.

cocacolalips

11-12-2012

Quote:
we want to offer you more viable summoner spells, so that you have plenty of options to tailor your selections
Quote:
we’ll be removing both Promote and Surge

That's how you do it. Classy.

I don't even see why you would remove Surge. Some champions like Ignite more, some Surge. What's the problem.
They don't even fill the same niche. Ignite is an early game spell while Surge rules late game.

DarkChibiman

11-12-2012

@Roku

I find this interesting that you're posting about Barrier, an extremely anti-burst summoner spell, with your Veigar icon.

Veigar is my most favorite champion ever for all time, so I wanted to know - how did pure-burst mages like Veigar fare against champions with Barrier? I imagine it would act as complete nullification of the role of "bursting" and make any AP Mid unviable that wasn't a low-CD poke-burst, like Lux or Diana.

Thoughts? Data?

YamaXenuz

11-12-2012

Could you let us know if Zed is coming this week?
I need a new assasin to master and carry me to high elo.
Talon's getting a little boring (Since he can't e to ally/wards for epic escapes)

ESP

11-12-2012

When the masteries are deleted, will our current pages be blank (and still retain the name), or will we have a single un-named mastery page?