FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hidden Sniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Guys... It wasn't that the minion damage decreasing was OP, it was that combined with the 15% damage nerf on minions during season 2!

Seriously... You do **** like that and then afterward are like: "Oh, why is this, this way? It couldn't be anything that we did, it has to be this other thing." Another example would be the Swain nerfs. That is why he was doing poorly so you buffed him. It wasn't whatever else you said was the problem, it were your nerfs that killed his ability in fights. =.='

Aura Shadow

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekohz View Post
i end up defending myself when people insist on bashing my ideals, which is why i get banned.

-------as you're doing now.

RIOT,
PLAYING BY A META ISNT A RULE. CHAMPION SELECTION ISNT A RULE. SPECIFIC ROLES ARENT A RULE. STOP ENFORCING RULES THAT AREN'T APPLIED
Listen. If you play a weird role on a champ that doesnt usually have that role, people will probably be mad at you at first. BUT if you are actually good with that champ playing that role, then people will start to realize that it's a good idea and realize you know what you're doing. If you do terrible with an unusual build, then of course people are going to get mad at you. I mean a build that is unusual like AP Talon, should be tested a lot before you use it to make sure it actually works. (Note: Do not actually ever try AP Talon as that is a terrible idea since none of his moves scale with AP, it was just an example)

Halepsio

11-12-2012

So...you ever going to go back streaming Roku? Your's was always the most informative & helpful =D

& to stay on topic, any changes lined up for Ghost?

Dat Asian Gurl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizlakMonger View Post
Barrier is the most game slowing, stupid spell in the world. It reduces the fun of ARAM's immensely and feels just like a noob-friendly ability so that out-playing someone isn't as important. When playing with all people I know, we don't play with barrier in ARAMs. That being said, it will make summoner's rift feel just as gimmicky if people are popping that thing in key battles. Please Riot, who are you trying to appeal to with it? The ARAM players who have never even touched a ranked game?

Also, I'll save judgment until I see it, but it sounds like no one will be putting 9 points in defense any more. Currently there is actually more variety in competitive masteries than you make it sound like, but nerfing the defense tree so hard makes me think now that variety will disappear. No more 18/12/0, 19/11/0, 21/9/0. If anything is remotely close, we'll be back to everyone running 21/0/9 (which is still a super strong page currently, its just the way masteries were set up allowed more variety than just that). Also, we see mages going 21/9/0, 21/0/9, 9/11/10 (used by Azubu Ambition throughout MLG Dallas). Now, just because you don't see much variety in solo queue doesn't mean you don't have a flexible system. It simply means everyone is afraid to truly try different things. Also, getting rid of one of the actually viable nonstandard summoners (Promote) and nerfing the other non standard summoner (Heal) to increase summoner choices? OK, Ignite flash/ Exhaust flash it is..., unless you actually stick with barrier, then its just stupid heal barrier or flash barrier in every lane on every champ. Sounds boring, slow, and anti-skill.

... You DO know it's going to be as effective as heal is currently on SR, right?

Grand Eleven

11-12-2012

Barrier: because F* you, Karthus.

Funcolours

11-12-2012

Nice! I'm glad you revealed everything about the summoner spells, just one less thing to keep me in suspense for!

AotW King

11-12-2012

Kinda a sad about Surge going. Barrier seems interesting however Not sure how much people will decide to take Barrier over flash. Seems fun though.

So Like If Your Taking Surge. What New Item/Mastery Will Make Me Grow In Size For

lulu ult + Surge + Renekton ulti was goddamn Hilarious
Need more growth pills please

Prinepepsi

11-12-2012

Will Executioner, Juggernaut, and Mastermind be replaced, modified, or kept the same?

Strato5

11-12-2012

what are you guys doing with clarity and clairvoryance?

Darkomantis

11-12-2012

FeralPony, with the removal of Sword of the Divine, Ionic Spark, and Surge... Will there be a item to replace them? Or will Youmuu's Ghostblade be buffed seeing as how The Black Cleaver is building from brutalizer?