FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xenoproboscizoid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
With a much shorter duration (currently 2 seconds, still subject to change), it is possible to counter a Barrier bait by forcing them to Barrier then waiting out the shield.

With internal testing, it has actually shown that offensive uses of Barrier mid lane have been more prominent - tower shots are pretty easy to predict and block.
That's a great point, I hadn't thought about using it for aggressive tower dives.

Baiting the barriers may be possible for high mobility champs (or those with CC), but I feel that it will become less relevant in higher ELO play (although that's a different story entirely). Thanks for the response; I look forward to seeing how barrier will be utilized.

Ekohz

11-12-2012

idk if Riot wants to hear me out after being perma banned for choosing a champion and playing them the way i intend on doing, but why are champions only limited to certain restrictions....

good example; taric.

why cant teamates accept the fact that im not playing a support, and WILL continue playing him as a melee carry.

why am i getting banned for telling people to let me play the way i want
why am i getting banned for telling people to stop telling me to choose what they want me to be, when i cant tell them what they should.????

AD taric. fix it. he is a melee for a reason. he gets more mana back on heavier hits. he gets cooldown reduction from hitting in general. stop telling me i NEED to play a certain way, when you wont do the same for me.

AD TARIC.
FIX IT

Cabouse24

11-12-2012

I wish they would bring fortify back i thought that spell was cool.

Kari Arisu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
Surge is being removed because it isnt always clear when to use it or which champions benefit from it. In the end, Surge is a competing spell in a niche wed like Ignite to fill.
I'm VERY upset with this.
You're removing it because very few use it, and not doing anything to compensate?
That's infuriating.

Surge has a LOT of potential that people haven't figured out yet. I've been making SO much use of it, in place of Ignite on some of my favorite champions.
With Ignite getting a LONGER cooldown, this just made Surge much better!

Now you're telling me I have to go back to using Ignite like everyone else, destroying my entire Surge strategy? Just because it's under-rated?
Come on.

If you're removing Surge, give us something to compensate. Otherwise, leave it in. I absolutely hate that you're just going to remove it for no reason.

HeyJiggaJay

11-12-2012

Any possibility of keeping Surge but making it a short and less powerful aura effect? Some sort of steroid, tweaked from its current form. Could be really cool to give supports and tanks another viable summoner spell. This way it wouldn't compete with ignite - the temporary stat rewards would be too small for a single champ but would work well in team fights. I always liked the idea of surge but it never really seemed to make sense in its current form.

DeathsRule

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura Shadow View Post
I wonder...Blitz passive+Barrier+shield from the new ap item=win?
Lol probably not since they are balancing them, but it would be funny to see a blitz with a triple shield...and annoying >_>
add in a orianna sheild too plox xD

Roku

QA Analyst

11-12-2012
11 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinoglory View Post
Will Barrier's cooldown increase and duration decrease on the Proving Grounds?
Yes - the change will be across all maps (It won't be separated).

On a related note, Heal's ally effect being stronger seems pretty good on Proving Grounds..

Dynoglory

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoproboscizoid View Post
That's a great point, I hadn't thought about using it for aggressive tower dives.

Baiting the barriers may be possible for high mobility champs (or those with CC), but I feel that it will become less relevant in higher ELO play (although that's a different story entirely). Thanks for the response; I look forward to seeing how barrier will be utilized.
As a general rule of thumb, if high ELO think's it's OP, it gets nerfed. I agree with you entirely though. Barrier's reduced duration will help with things like long duels or kiting, but it hits nukers pretty damn hard. Wait for the pros to evaluate, then Riot will look a little bit closer at how it's affecting play. It also sorta depends on how it scales into lategame...if LeBlanc's combo is now survivable, she'll never be pulled out of the hole high ELO has thrown her in.

Ekohz

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Arisu View Post
If you're removing Surge, give us something to compensate. Otherwise, leave it in. I absolutely hate that you're just going to remove it for no reason.
agreed.

LET ME KEEP PLAYING AD TARIC AND STOP BANNING ME FOR "TROLL PICKING"
especially if i lock in first.
that just proves that other people dont want to play OUTSIDE OF A "META"
it bothers me that people cant come up with a counter intuitive strategy to win a game. its pathetic

ddaimyo

11-12-2012

Anyone else wish he's stop talking about Barrier and talk about the new masteries?