FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Besuh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

What about fortify? how will that be adjusted to be more useful?

kirby145x

11-12-2012

Promote was used competitively. Specifically because it was a summoner spell.
(CLG)

While it could use buffs, I don't think it needed to be removed as a summoner spell.

Hopefully you have buffs in mind for other summoner spells to encourage people to branch out from flash. Simply nerfing flash will not do enough, other spells have to be more powerful.

-Ghost could use a speed buff (it was nerfed too far).
-Exhaust could probably use a slight duration increase (I believe the nerfs were fair for the time).
-Revive needs to be reverted. I assume the nerfs to this spell were because of Karthus. But there were other champions who could use it. Needs more strength.
-Cleanse removing Exhaust would be a nice test.
-Teleport nerfs should be reverted. It was perfectly acceptable before. It is still used now, but if someone is going to pick this over flash, it must be stronger.
-Clairvoyance is far too weak. Nerfing it to protect the jungle is completely understandable. But find a way for it to be useful elsewhere. (Example, half the cooldown, works on any allied champion, from their location gives x amount of vision).

R4bbinator

11-12-2012

Where did "Finally, were working on changes to Revive that should increase its viability across all maps." go?

hashinshin

11-12-2012

will ranged carries be gaining a ridiculous amount of power overnight as in the S2 mastery changes? Or perhaps will they be losing power perhaps via the 10% crit mastery removal?

iGøÐ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

can you guys think of some buff for sejuani i really feel like since the new buff on the jungle she isnt going to playable anymore

Grads

11-12-2012

Earlier it was said that barrier was going to have a numbers change, but you said it was only taking a CD/Duration hit.

I think that if barrier's value is large enough to absorb an entire ignite (As it is on live), there's no point in running ignite.

Aggressive options make for more interesting gameplay. Defensive options make for stale lane-play. Top lane is going to be very unhappy with these changes, since the champions that are currently super dominant (irelia, for example) are top laners that want less aggression early game. Barrier is going to be hurting the more aggressive top laners (Riven, Olaf, Rumble, for example) and helping the already dominant Irelia and Jax-type champions.

murlocmancer

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
Yes but no spoiler... yet
Calling an on-hit mastery really down in a tree right now, so a champ can customize aroudn on-hit.

hashinshin

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grads View Post
Earlier it was said that barrier was going to have a numbers change, but you said it was only taking a CD/Duration hit.

I think that if barrier's value is large enough to absorb an entire ignite (As it is on live), there's no point in running ignite.

Aggressive options make for more interesting gameplay. Defensive options make for stale lane-play. Top lane is going to be very unhappy with these changes, since the champions that are currently super dominant (irelia, for example) are top laners that want less aggression early game. Barrier is going to be hurting the more aggressive top laners (Riven, Olaf, Rumble, for example) and helping the already dominant Irelia and Jax-type champions.
ignite gives 5 damage/AP and reduces healing for the duration. It's not just there for the damage.

CupcakeTrap

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
This specifically has changed. You are correct Lifesteal didn't really belong in the offense tree. Lifesteal and Spellvamp are now bundled into the same mastery inside Utility. While it may not be popular among AD carry players to lose the LS from the offense tree, Utility as a whole has been made a more attractive choice for all character types.
Lifesteal currently costs about twice as much as spellvamp. So I'm hoping this isn't like "1% Spell Vamp AND 1% Lifesteal".

Similarly, I hope you're going to fix the AP/AD thing. One problem with S2 Masteries is that it takes the same investment of Mastery points to get 1 AD or 1 AP.

1 AD costs about 42g; 1 AP costs about 22g. ADCs were getting twice the bang for their buck (or perhaps twice the buck for their point investment) as mages.

pseudonym117

11-12-2012

What about energy based champs? they've had a pretty raw deal. only increasing their energy by 10 and nothing to increase their regen rate. will there be any improvement for them?

on a slightly related note, is there any chance of combining mana and energy runes? i assume not, but if you hadnt already made them separate in the past, i would consider it a good idea...